Skiing behind a train

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Skiing behind a train

Unread post by Garry K »

This appears to be from Russia.

http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com ... mmers.html

Kids! Don't try this at home! (And don't even try it on or near the tracks!)

Garry K

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Skiing behind a train

Unread post by AARR »

I agreed with the comment that in America he would sue the railroad after his accident and probably some judge would find at least the railroad partially responsible
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Other than the trespassing, what's the big deal? No different than water skiing? 0 chance of getting run over.

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

Now THAT is some kinda platform eh? I will assume that it must get BUSY twice a day...even NYC doesn't have platforms like that one.
As for the skier....looked like he had fun..without thinking of the consequences. Then again who at that age does?
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

In Durand they issue a ticket for crossing the tracks in front of the station. Can you imagine what would happen to someone skiing behind a train :lol: .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

AARR wrote:In Durand they issue a ticket for crossing the tracks in front of the station. Can you imagine what would happen to someone skiing behind a train :lol: .
Given how the vast majority of engineers start freight trains now-a-days they'd probably jerk them out of the bindings when they started moving....