North Platte NE

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

North Platte NE

Unread post by CSXBOY »

On Thursday august 27th 2015 I am going to North Platte Nebraska from Denver. Also going there from august 22nd to august 27th. Also is there any grade crossings in North Platte Or is Hershey NE a better place. I know Hershey has a little train watching park. I am also going to the golden spike tower. Is there any way to tour the massive Bailey yard? I know they have a rail fest going on in September. I cannot go Because I am all the way from Michigan. On average North Platte gets 139 trains a day. Is that true? Is there more trains that go east towards Maxwell? Or is there more trains that go west towards Hershey? Which is the best Maxwell or Hershey? Because Maxwell is the closest to North Platte than Hershey. Remember I am leaving on the 29th to go back to Denver to catch my flight to go back to Michigan

Please reply to me by Wednesday
Thanks CSX

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Re: North Platte NE

Unread post by railohio »

How old are you?
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

13 I cannot drive just yet I am very good at maps and trains

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

CSXBOY wrote:I am very good at maps and trains
Surely a map of N. Platte, along with Google Earth, would tell you if there are grade crossings in N. Platte?

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Is there one at front street because there is no street view image

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

CSXBOY wrote:13 I cannot drive just yet I am very good at maps and trains
If this is true, the surely you know what Satellite view is on Google Maps, which will answer this question:
CSXBOY wrote:Is there one at front street because there is no street view image
Also, there are tons of resources online on the UP Transcon out there. But either way, the Interstate and US highway follow the tracks both ways from North Platte. It is triple track to the east, quad to the west. It doesn't matter where you go, if you're on any sort of straightaway you will basically always be able to see at least one train, coming or going.

Flat as a pancake, too. But get out there, drive around, and you'll find trains. This isn't a hit-or-miss line! :D
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

CSXBOY wrote:On Thursday august 27th 2015 I am going to North Platte Nebraska from Denver. Also going there from august 22nd to august 27th. Also is there any grade crossings in North Platte Or is Hershey NE a better place. I know Hershey has a little train watching park. I am also going to the golden spike tower. Is there any way to tour the massive Bailey yard? I know they have a rail fest going on in September. I cannot go Because I am all the way from Michigan. On average North Platte gets 139 trains a day. Is that true? Is there more trains that go east towards Maxwell? Or is there more trains that go west towards Hershey? Which is the best Maxwell or Hershey? Because Maxwell is the closest to North Platte than Hershey. Remember I am leaving on the 29th to go back to Denver to catch my flight to go back to Michigan

Please reply to me by Wednesday
Thanks CSX
I'm so confused. I mean, I suffer from ADD and all, but I for the life of me can't figure out what's going on in the quote above.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

So you ask us about all these locations, but we rarely hear any feedback. Info on a trip to PA that gets cancelled, info about Durand/Port Huron, ones about Porter and Chicagoland, Grass Lake, Romulus, and then now North Platte.. are you going to make a trip report and let us know you findings, or are you just here to suck info that you won't end up using?
Thank goodness you at least gave a tiny bit of feedback on your Harrisville report: "Well I did get to see train 326 at the harrisville depot. It came by shortly before 9:00 pm. Thanks everybody. You guys are very smart"
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

On Thursday august 27th 2015 I am going to Deshler Ohio from Belmore. Also going there from august 22nd to august 27th. Also is there any grade crossings in Deshler Or is Hamler OH a better place. I know Hamler has a little train watching park. I am also going to the Crossroads Park. Is there any way to tour the massive nWo yard? I know they have a rail fest going on in August. I cannot go Because I am all the way from Belmore. On average Deshler gets 79 trains a day. Is that true? Is there more trains that go east towards Hoytville? Or is there more trains that go west towards Hamler? Which is the best Hoytville or Hamler? Because Hoytville is the closest to Deshler than Hamler. Remember I am leaving on the 29th to go back to Belmore to catch my flight to go back to Ohio.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

I never went to Romulus I was just helping someone out with Grass lake. And I did go to Durand I just keep forgetting to write a trip report. I might write a paragraph or 2. And someone said that they recommend the NS Chicago line instead of North East PA. So instead I am staying at rileys railhouse right along the Chicago line. I am planning on writing a huge trip report about my Indiana trip Including Griffith the railhouse Wellsboro Porter Junction, and Willow Creek. And I am also going to Denver then North Platte. On Saturday, I am leaving at 5:30 am from Petersburg MI to catch my flight to go to Denver at 7:10 am. Then on August 27th I am going to North Platte. Leaving on the 29th to go back to Denver. My flight departs Denver at 7:56 mountain time. I plan on writing a big trip report on that.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

You won't last long in this hobby without some adventure-seeking spirit. Some days you'll see more trains and some days you'll see less trains; that's just how the hobby goes. You should consider the first trip anywhere to largely be a fact-finding expedition which you can learn from and use on subsequent visits.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"