Amtrak train from D.C. crashes in Philly.

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: Amtrak train from D.C. crashes in Philly.

Unread post by Ypsi »

I can understand not wanting to be watched, however in theory if you do your job correctly you should not have any issues with interior cameras. Most jobs now a days have some form of cameras watching them anyway, weather meant to be watching employees or not..
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

They start out watching you at work. Then it will be in your own vehicle. Then in your own home.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Jetlink wrote:They start out watching you at work. Then it will be in your own vehicle. Then in your own home.
I don't think the slope is THAT slippery.

I wouldn't want interior cameras, either. I'd say the balance lies between investigation and just good decency. I'd say keep the managers out unless they're investigation and accident. Like I said, like if PTC has to take action. Otherwise, let them not become worried about managers staring at them all day
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

If they put them in the yard offices I want it with sound. We've had some pretty good flatulence contests and getting those on audio would be fantastic.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

MQT3001 wrote:
Jetlink wrote:They start out watching you at work. Then it will be in your own vehicle. Then in your own home.
The technology already exists. Most of us already own and posses and use the hardware required. You want car insurance. OK, just plug in this camera. You want a homeowners policy. OK use these. Oh your apartment is in a high risk neighborhood and you want a tenants rental policy. Better put these cameras up then we'll cover you. You run a home daycare. Can't let you have a licensed facility with out a monitoring program. Want to work at the public school. We'll need you to sign a waiver allowing us to access your smart phone. Mark my words. Barring a supreme court ruling defining your personal privacy all these things will happen in your lifetime. Slowly but surely. One by one.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Jetlink wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
The technology already exists. Most of us already own and posses and use the hardware required. You want car insurance. OK, just plug in this camera. You want a homeowners policy. OK use these. Oh your apartment is in a high risk neighborhood and you want a tenants rental policy. Better put these cameras up then we'll cover you. You run a home daycare. Can't let you have a licensed facility with out a monitoring program. Want to work at the public school. We'll need you to sign a waiver allowing us to access your smart phone. Mark my words. Barring a supreme court ruling defining your personal privacy all these things will happen in your lifetime. Slowly but surely. One by one.
Some of it's already here. Your smart phone is employer provided/your employer pays part of your phone bill? Guess who can request access to your phone/mobile device? Employer provided/paid for computer (laptop)? Same deal. Some companies have monitoring software for computers/mobile devices that (if used "improperly") can allow someone to observe what you're doing, even when you're off the clock. It may not be a 'camera in the control room' but for those of us not in the transportation field, it's at least as bad, if not worse.
~ Charles W.