Things aren't always what they seem

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Things aren't always what they seem

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

So as many of you may know, I recently accepted a job with Norfolk Southern as a train dispatcher in Pittsburgh. I was assigned to the Pittsburgh west desk, which covers the fort wayne line from Alliance, OH to Fort Wayne, IN; the Meadville line from Youngstown to Meadville, PA; the Lordstown Secondary and Niles Secondary which covers from Youngstown, OH to Lordstown/Niles. Sounds like major snoresville, and to be hones on third trick it really can be. While the line only hosts 4 scheduled freights a day, there are a ton of locals, plus trackage rights trains. And a majority of the trackage is dark, dispatched through form D. Coming into the railroad world, I always thought how easy some desks appeared to be. But now I see why these desks are so busy, and have a new found respect for those previously thought of "easy" desks.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

At least your with a freight railroad now Wayne. Good luck at your new company.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Congrats on the new job Wayne. Glad you can make a dream come true.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Way to go Wayne