It's WARM Here

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

It's WARM Here

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Waiting to go to work
Waiting to go to work
Yesterday I checked out the AutoTrain Terminal in Sanford FL. It was 74 wonderful degrees there :D . We left the house Friday morning, it was -10 :( . It was 32 here in Indian Shores but warmed up to 65 in Coco Beach that afternoon. A lady in the restaurant Fiday night asked where we were from - she said you must be from up north because you don't have heavy winter coats on LOL.

We stopped at AutoTrain on the way back from the east coast about 1:30. 515 was shut down on the "other side" of the street waiting for the time to put the NB train together for the 4p departure.

I took the photo of the gazebo from the white line on the public street at the terminal. I'm thinking that's an odd spot for a railfan viewing spot, obviously in the RR ROW so I go check it out. Tucked up in the roof are 2 High Visibility vests and there's a 5 gallon Igloo cooler on the bench. Then the light bulb goes on :idea: There are 10 tracks there and they need a couple flagmen when the put the Autotrain together. They are needed when the 515 will pull the loaded racks from the tracks behind the blue flag on the left and tack them on the Viewliners to the right.

The red rental Focus with my wife and daughter patiently waiting is the entrance to the Terminal. They also humored me the day before when I checked out the Yoder & Frey Heavy Equipment Auction in Kissemme and stopped by the Richie Bros Auction west of Orlando yesterday :D . (Those are 2 BIG auctions 8) )
Attachments
The Gazebo
The Gazebo
Entrance to AutoTrain
Entrance to AutoTrain

J T
Hates Supper

Re: It's WARM Here

Unread post by J T »

Trespasser!! :twisted:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: It's WARM Here

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Rub it in some more, why don't ya!
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/