IC&E, DM&E SD40-2's Going... Gone

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Matt Short Line H
Railroadfan...fan

IC&E, DM&E SD40-2's Going... Gone

Unread post by Matt Short Line H »

I now know that Genesse and Wyoming will not only acquire the track west of Tracy, Minnesota that is ex DM&E but they will acquire all 52 remaining ICE SD40-2's. They will also acquire DME SD40-2's #3830 - #3835, #6050 - #6052, and #6054 & #6055. This results in a total of 63 SD40-2's going to G&W. Word has it that these are not only for the new railroad Rapid City Pierre and Eastern, but for Georgia Central too.
"You want to be original, you want to be yourself, and whether that's accepted or not accepted, that's not as important as being you" - Tyler Hubbard, Half of Duo Florida Georgia Line

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: IC&E, DM&E SD40-2's Going... Gone

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually spread to other G&W properties as well.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Matt Short Line H
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Matt Short Line H »

SD80MAC wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually spread to other G&W properties as well.
Its believed that since Georgia Central just sold off all of its power that some of these will go to the GC.
"You want to be original, you want to be yourself, and whether that's accepted or not accepted, that's not as important as being you" - Tyler Hubbard, Half of Duo Florida Georgia Line

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Matt Short Line H wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually spread to other G&W properties as well.
Its believed that since Georgia Central just sold off all of its power that some of these will go to the GC.
I saw discussion on Trainorders about this, but it would be interesting if in addition to selling off the GC's GEs, G&W divested the GC as well...
~ Charles W.

canpac08
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by canpac08 »

We started rounding up all ICE power last week funneling it towards south Dakota. Not the best power we own but, desperately needed since we leased out good power to BNSF, and still have the remanets' of the 60 fleet for sale or lease. At least it looks good for the stock holders
He who wanders with purpose, has no purpose to wander

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

I will be making a trip to south Georgia to catch these before they are repainted then. I've never had good luck catching ICE/DME power. Maybe they'd still have a few U-boats also.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr