Railex Jax trains and route

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

Railex Jax trains and route

Unread post by CSX Q109 »

Good afternoon Folks. I was wondering if any one happens to know the route that the new Railex trains that will be going to jacksonville from the west cost will take? Also any one know if the trains will use the 64'FT reefers or the new 170000 UP ARMN 72'FT cars? I know trains mag had some info on there site just this month and march but I am not a member so I can not access that. Thanks for any info.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Railex Jax trains and route

Unread post by JoJames »

Off the UP at St. Louis and former B&O to Vincennes Indiana and south from there toward Jacksonville.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

What will be interesting to see is if the trains that currently run through Chicago-Garrett-Willard will continue to interchange at Chicago. Or, if they'll just run one train from the west coast, and split it at St. Louis. Then run the east coast portion via the St. Louis Line, and then to Florida via the B&O to Vincennes and south.

Practice Safe CSX

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

Good eveing folks. I was wondering weather or not if Railex haves sent any trains to Jax as of yet? I know it said it was to start last month but I ve not saw any thing any place on line saying they have started running and unit trains in and out of jax thanks.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

CSX Q109 wrote:Good eveing folks. I was wondering weather or not if Railex haves sent any trains to Jax as of yet? I know it said it was to start last month but I ve not saw any thing any place on line saying they have started running and unit trains in and out of jax thanks.
They've been running reefers on one of the Chicago the SE intermodals. Q025 maybe? I guess Q090 comes off the UP, then sets the traffic off at, or near, Bedford Park, and it is added to the head end of the intermodal train. Only a handful of cars right now, but I suppose business will grow.

Practice Safe CSX

CSX Q109
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks CSX_CO for the info. I also just saw a photo on FB that Railex haves leased some of the New Cryo Trans 72ft reefer cars and they have the railex logo and name on them as well. I find this interesting when UP just got 225 new 72ft reefer cars.

lakeshoredave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lakeshoredave »

How many days a week do these trains run and has anyone seen them yet?

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

CSX Q109 wrote:Thanks CSX_CO for the info. I also just saw a photo on FB that Railex haves leased some of the New Cryo Trans 72ft reefer cars and they have the railex logo and name on them as well. I find this interesting when UP just got 225 new 72ft reefer cars.
Food business is going to grow as population grows. Railex probably has enough business now that it makes more sense to do a long term lease of their own equipment, rather than pay the railroads to use their cars.

Practice Safe CSX

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

lakeshoredave wrote:How many days a week do these trains run and has anyone seen them yet?
They aren't dedicated trains to Florida as of yet. Just a block being carried on an intermodal train. Q090 runs what? 3 days a week? I would bet it coincides with that trains arrival in Chicago.

Practice Safe CSX