CTA train derails at O Hare

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

CTA train derails at O Hare

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

A CTA train derailed this morning at a station at O Hare in Chicago. No one was killed, and there are no life threatening injuries.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-commuter-t ... .html?vp=1

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Re: CTA train derails at O Hare

Unread post by Jetlink »

That is creepy. I was just walking down those stairs Friday afternoon. I ride those trains frequently. They would really have to be moving to get that far past the stop post. Of course if the cars that were still on the rails were still online and pushing that would help keep it going for a ways.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

Apparently it happend at 02:40 this morning:

Subject: CTA Blue Line Emergency

Please be advised, at approximately 0240 an inbound Blueline train derailed and crashed within the tunnel. There was confirmation from The city that there were some injuries. Unfortunately, details to the extent of the injuries is unknown at this time.

The CTA is providing shuttle service between Rosemomt and the airport. Please plan extra travel time accordingly.

Visit the transitchicago.com website for additional details, as track work also continues upline between the Logan and Western stops.

Andrew Allen
Chief Pilot - ORD
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

Chicago Tribune Story:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 0012.story
Blue Line Service to O’Hare International Airport will be disrupted for most of the day — if not longer — after a CTA train jumped the platform this morning and climbed up an escalator at the end of the track.

Trains continue to run between Forest Park and Rosemont, where passengers can catch a shuttle to the airport. The large, reticulated buses are operating on a load-and-go basis instead of a schedule, adding 5 to 10 minutes to the typical airport trip, officials said.

More than 30 people were hurt in the crash, though none of the injuries were considered life-threatening.

The eight-car train remains wedged near the top of an escalator used by commuters at the airport’s Blue Line terminal. CTA spokesman...
peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Shouldn't this be under "Illinois Talk?"
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Jochs wrote:Shouldn't this be under "Illinois Talk?"
Doh! For some reason I went straight for the Other States Talk, and didn't even think about the Illinois Talk section.