CP Windsor Sub Operations

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

CP Windsor Sub Operations

Unread post by Racer »

I've been looking at railfanning new locations and operations that can be done as a daytrip. I've been looking at the CP Windsor Sub between Windsor and as far east as Tilbury. What are the current operations and train counts including trains that do not run on the NS in Michigan? Is it worth driving over to Ontario to railfan east of Windsor?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CP Windsor Sub Operations

Unread post by dmitzel »

Do you have a passport to get back into the U.S.?

Not sure about traffic levels there, but post-9/11 heading to Canada for a day of railfanning ain't what it used to be.
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

dmitzel wrote:Do you have a passport to get back into the U.S.?

Not sure about traffic levels there, but post-9/11 heading to Canada for a day of railfanning ain't what it used to be.
Yes, I do have a renewed passport and I have gone to Windsor often. Most of the time I have gone just for the evening to dinner in the Italian area (Also known as "Erie Street").
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Aleks
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Aleks »

You'd be better off heading farther east to the east end of CP's Lobo siding. The 1st one west of London. At that point CN and CP mainlines parallel each other under a bridge. Can't remember the name of the side road that goes across the bridge to access a couple of homes on the south side but if you look at map quest or google and follow the main line west out of London you'll see where they come together.
Last edited by Aleks on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

SD40-2
Canada Eh!

Unread post by SD40-2 »

Aleks wrote:You'd be better off heading farther east to the east end of CP's Lobo siding. The 1st one west of London. At that point CN and CP mainlines parallel each other under a bridge. Can't remember the name of the side road that goes across the bridge to access a couple of homes on the south side but if you look at map quest of google and follow the main line west out of London you'll see where they come together.
Denfield Road
http://goo.gl/maps/mKTVs