Celina Ohio, Trains No Trains?

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

Celina Ohio, Trains No Trains?

Unread post by signmasters »

I'm off to Celina, Ohio this weekend anyone know if there is any train movment there, I see RJ Corman-Western Ohio Line and Norfolk Southern share a track through town is this true? Thanks
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Here's some information now obtained from another message board. Now for future reference, someone can see what there is around this town:

Posted by JW on July 31, 2006, 14:55:39
You missed Corman's former Erie line North of Celina.It runs from Glenmore to Lima and services two elevators and a foam factory.The line is out of service West of Elgin.

"wasn't there a shortlived shortline at celina during late 70's to early 80's called western ohio railroad? was one of those designator operator lines that picked up unwanted sections of conrail line. "

Actually it ran from Coldwater,Ohio to St.Henry on part of the old Cincinnati Northern. The Western Ohio interchanged at Coldwater with the NS now Corman line.The line has been gone for a long time.

http://www.rjcorman.com/
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks railroadfan

Unread post by signmasters »

railroadfan wrote:Here's some information now obtained from another message board. Now for future reference, someone can see what there is around this town:

Posted by JW on July 31, 2006, 14:55:39
You missed Corman's former Erie line North of Celina.It runs from Glenmore to Lima and services two elevators and a foam factory.The line is out of service West of Elgin.

"wasn't there a shortlived shortline at celina during late 70's to early 80's called western ohio railroad? was one of those designator operator lines that picked up unwanted sections of conrail line. "

Actually it ran from Coldwater,Ohio to St.Henry on part of the old Cincinnati Northern. The Western Ohio interchanged at Coldwater with the NS now Corman line.The line has been gone for a long time.

http://www.rjcorman.com/
Thanks I did pick that up earlyer (no such word) got a lot of info to late story of my life, but thanks anyhow.
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.