Fake Bomb planted on Nuke Train

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Fake Bomb planted on Nuke Train

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Unread post by Railzfan »

I guess that shows you how good of security they have over there don’t it! I mean come on…if he could get to it so could anyone else.

That sure is reassuring!
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

The sad truth is that our security for such things isn't much better. If that same train was in the USA, I or anyone else could hide in the weeds along a siding knowing the train was to stop in the siding, and do the same thing. The D&M used to carry box cars of explosives daily to the mines up north. Tell me I couldn't have blown up Michigan, or at least a city or two if i wanted too. (fYI the explosives were back in the 60's and 70's and early 80's before my time.) Even US military trains today, they have security Gaurds, in most cases, MP's, but they don't ride the trains usually, they go from yard to yard waiting for the train to arrive and depart and stay with the train at each stop. Fact is, trains are dangerous, dopn't matter if its got nukes on it, or 120 tanks of LPG. I think i'd rather have the nuke train derail slowly, than the LPG train derail at like 60. Bottom line, trains are dangerous, and my personal oppion, is that reporter should be jailed for even a fake bomb, because it points out just how easy it is to do something like that. and in a country so close to war torn nations, I don't think that was the smartest thing for him to do.

markvz
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by markvz »

The reporter who planted the fake bomb should be in jail. Any common citizen planting even a fake bomb on a train would be in jail, and a reporter should be no different. They should not get a free pass to act above the law. That was nothing but a stunt to advance his own career and the popularity of the newspaper. If they truly cared about the safety of the public, they would not have publicized the weakness in security. The message should have been relayed in private. I think that if someone really wanted to hurt our nation, all they'd have to do is watch CNN for a while, and it would quickly become apparent how to hurt us bad. They dream up enough creative ideas for terrorism on the news each night to keep even the most blood-thirsty people busy. Go figure.