BNSF ASK Rail fans - "CRS"...

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

BNSF ASK Rail fans - "CRS"...

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

BNSF Railway Asks Rail Fans for Cooperation to Keep America's Rail System Safe :D

FORT WORTH, TX -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 06/07/2006 -- BNSF Railway Company (BNSF) is recruiting rail fans to help keep BNSF properties safe by reporting suspicious activities and to help prevent possible security breaches.

"Keeping America's rail transportation network safe from crime and terrorist activity is a high priority for the railroad industry," says William Heileman, BNSF general director, Police and Protection Solutions. "Every day across the country, rail fans photograph and watch trains as they pass through communities. It seems natural to harness their interest to help keep America's rail system safe."

Rail fans can register for the program by going to the Citizens United for Rail Security (CRS) Web site (http://newdomino.bnsf.com/website/crs.nsf/request?open). CRS participants will receive an official identification card along with access to news and information on the BNSF CRS Web site.

To report suspicious activity, CRS members and the public can call (800) 832-5452. The information will be taken by a BNSF representative and routed for appropriate response.

"Supporting homeland security in this manner is positive for everyone," says Carl Ice, BNSF's executive vice president and chief operations officer. "It supports the nation's security efforts, improves safety within our company and the community, and improves operations by helping to remove the impact of criminal acts and accidents."

The CRS program is an outgrowth of another BNSF grassroots program, called BNSF ON GUARD, which encourages employees to report suspicious activities, trespassers or individuals to BNSF's Resource Operations Call Center (ROCC). The BNSF ON GUARD program, which started in 2003, has been successful, with more than 200 employees reporting suspicious activities since its inception. Employees have reported theft, vandalism, arson, attempted suicide, and other criminal violations, threats to safety, or unusual events on or near railway properties.

"Security is everyone's business. Because of heightened security status, Americans are being asked to be the 'eyes and ears' for law enforcement," says John Clark, BNSF assistant vice president, Resource Protection Solutions Team. "At BNSF, our police team continues to educate employees on work, personal and home security, as well as working to change employee behavior to increase awareness of security risks."

A subsidiary of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation (NYSE: BNI), BNSF Railway Company operates one of the largest railroad networks in North America, with about 32,000 route miles in 28 states and two Canadian provinces. BNSF is among the world's top transporters of intermodal traffic, moves more grain than any other American railroad, transports the components of many of the products we depend on daily, and hauls enough low-sulphur coal to generate about ten percent of the electricity produced in the United States. BNSF is an industry leader in Web-enabling a variety of customer transactions at http://www.bnsf.com.

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_ht ... &tsource=3

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Thanks for posting this steven. I've now signed up as a member.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Cool now if the other roads wuld just jump on board or form a nation wide group

Sousa
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Unread post by Railzfan »

It does not surprise me that the BEST railroad in North America starts something like this! I have read about and talked about this kind of operation for a long time. It really makes since, railfans know what is right and wrong with the railroad, and jeez, sometimes we know more than the railroad employees do! Anyway, I think this is a GREAT operation :D :D :D
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Too bad the "card" you get is just a piece of paper that you can fold in half that looks like a square... I was hoping for something decent that's the size of a credit card that I could put in my wallet.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I did not know you weren't supposed to take photos of military trains.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

GJ
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GJ »

suggestion to all you who signed up,as my
wife an I have done also...when you print
off the card...use heavier paper that your
printer would allow...an then fold it to its
appropriate size...then laminate it...if you
do it properly the important info an the BNSF
logo will be on the front an back...or just cut
off the railfan rules if you want to or fold it
inwards....if you donot wish to laminate it...
it fits nicely into a plastic lil card type holder
after trimmed down abit. GJ

MMRR-24
Shortline Fan

Unread post by MMRR-24 »

Signed up, great Railroad BNSF! hope they are around for a long time.

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Unread post by Railzfan »

I did not know you weren't supposed to take photos of military trains.
Either did I!

I too signed up, about a week ago when a friend e-mailed me the news :D
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!