New York Trains

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
RailGal
Railroadfan...fan

New York Trains

Unread post by RailGal »

So I'm home on Spring Break and finally got out to the river to catch some trains. I only caught one in a picture, but hopefully I'll get back out tomorrow or Weds and shoot some more.

ENJOY!

http://www.railroadfan.com/gallery/thum ... ?album=333

For those who don't know - I live in eastern New York in a town called Wappingers Falls, near Poughkeepsie. We're about halfway between New York City and Albany, NY.

Kate
I'm in a New York state of mind.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Hi RailGal, dose this look like somthing you have seen before? :D It wandered into, Walbridge (Toledo), on Saturday morning. And for others that want to know, I enlisted the help of a yardmaster, and trainmaster, to see if I could find out what was going on. Here is what I found out.
It traces, as MN 215, picked up industry and taken to CroonHudsoNY (Croton-Harmon/Croton North (Croton-on-Hudson, NY), by K27701, then later in the day, shows arriving Selkirk, NY, from CroonHudsoNY, on March 1st, by K27701. Then that is it, it dissappears, from radar. Then on Saturday, I seen it come in on Q29124, but this move, dose not show in the computer. Then using the help of the above people, we found that it left Walbridge, on Q22226, (did not trace, they found it on some other screen, that I dont have acess to), as the MNCW 215, to Collingwood, OH. Then once again, it falls off the map. Boy have I ever said that I love commuter trains. :lol:
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

RailGal
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RailGal »

That is so weird!! I don't really ever take pictures of Metro-North (or Amtrak) because they are so common around here to me. Metro-North is how I get to and from the city just about everytime I go. The city being New York City. Its funny how you can always tell people who live in the tri-state area (CT, PA, NY) because we all refer to NYC as "the city" like no one else has a city by them.

Anyways - YES! :D It does look like something I've seen only a million times before.

Speaking of Amsmack/Metro-Snort - I've got a great "almost been arrested" story concerning them. A few friends and I found an old railroad tunnel they used before they blasted out the rock completely. We were exploring one night and got too close to the tracks for the conductor's comfort. They called the local cops who found our cars and waited patiently for our return. We begged ignorance but they took our licenses to check and threatened to arrest us. After about 30 minutes of worrying whose parents we would call to bail us out of jail, they let us go with a stern warning.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail. Your best friend will be sitting next to you in jail, and say "That was f**king great!!!"
I'm in a New York state of mind.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Yes they would!
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!