Photography drones

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
kd_1014
Mike

Photography drones

Unread post by kd_1014 »

Looking for recommendations for affordable starter drones that still take decent pictures. I’ve never even flown a drone before so I definitely want to start out light and upgrade in the future.

J T
Hates Supper

Re: Photography drones

Unread post by J T »

Air 2S

The prices have been dropping due to the forthcoming release of the Air 3. I'd recommend the Mini 3, which is a bit less, but the camera is also not as good. I know you don't want to spend much, but I think it wouldn't take you long before you started getting picky about image quality. And if that's the case, go with the 2S.

The 2S is a solid drone that does well in wind (much better than the Mini), and is very easy to fly. Just because you have never flown a drone before, don't get stuck on the idea of a "starter drone." The 2S is perfect for a beginner, as it's much more stable than a Mini (which many people start out with). I started with the Air 2 and eventually upgraded to the 2S, and the 2S is exactly the same except for having a better camera. For many people the A2 was (and still is) a "starter drone."
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.