Lenses

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Lenses

Unread post by GLC 392 »

What is a great zoom lense that is not to expensive, to get those great photos at a distance.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Lenses

Unread post by ~Z~ »

GLC 392 wrote:What is a great zoom lense that is not to expensive, to get those great photos at a distance.
You might want to let us know what kind of camera that you have so we can try to guess what zoom range you might be looking at.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

And what is your definition of "not to expensive"?

Zack has one that I don't consider expensive, AND it captures HIGH QUALITY images. However, YOU might think it's expensive. And then there is mine...twice as much as Zack's, and I think it's expensive (but worth it to me), but to someone who makes a lot more money than me, it may not be considered expensive.

You've also got to look at it from an investment point of view. If you buy a cheap lens, its resale will be a LOT less than if you were to buy a more expensive one. A more expensive one will be more durable and last a lot longer, and I find that aspect of it important if I'm going to be out shooting trains, especially in crappy climates extremes (snow, rain, cold, heat, dust, etc).

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

I have a dinosaur a pentex K1000. and any prices just to get a good idea.