another reject

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
SD40-2
Canada Eh!

another reject

Unread post by SD40-2 »

- Bad Motive: This rejection reason means that the photo is of low esthetic qualities, or is simply not the type of material we are wishing to publish.
my question what is so bad about a CN SD60F that they dont want to post it ?

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

If I can come up with something other than a smart ass response, I will be more than happy to let you know. RP.net is in their own little world.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

esthetic:
is a branch of philosophy called value theory or axiology, which is the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment or taste. Aesthetics is closely associated with the philosophy of art.

So they judge this picture to have low taste...
I guess it doesn't pay to well..pay.
rp.net sucks :P
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Could it be the position of the crewman on the steps, or perhaps the fact that there is a person on the equipment period? I know locophotos.net (lower quality site, yes, but...) won't allow photos that include people on the equipment.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Umm, so just because its not up to there taste, they don't want it, well I can tell you that most of the sunset profiles where all you see is orange, and the black out line of a trains, aren't pleasing to my taste, and don't really show prototype equipment detail at a good angle since most are over a horizon. I guess they never heard the word Hipercrit.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Mike Tabone wrote:I guess they never heard the word Hipercrit.
I don't believe I've ever seen or heard that word either, Mike...do you mean 'hypocrite'?

tsby_fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tsby_fan »

I like the photo- the crewman adds to the photo, IMHO, it helps to tell the story, which is the purpose of a picture anyway! Nice shot, no matter what anyone says... :D