Railpictures reject

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Aaron, I hope you have read the whole post here not just bits. We just piss and moan sometimes, I think you have some excellent shots. We like photography here and it just seems like they are inconsistant alot of times.( I know its there board and they can do what they like.)
We also have alot of fun on the board if you didnt notice J T's sunshine shot.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Anonymous wrote: My RPElite status has no bearing on my photos being accepted. If it does, I am getting ripped off! I have always accepted solicited and unsolicited criticism. Yet when someone complains that my work was accepted at RP.net or incorrectly states the common power is "smack dab in the center", this is not constructive.
No offense intended with your photography skills, Aaron, but I can guarantee you 100% that if any one of us on this site had uploaded that shot, it would have been rejected. That was the point of my "what the F..." comment.

Of COURSE there is some favortism with people who pay to be an Elite member on that. You're fooling yourself if you refuse to believe that. If they reject enough "good" pictures, a person will either pay to be Elite (and they make $$$) in hopes of getting more accepted, or just move along and never post there again.

I can find WAY too many examples of photos that would have been rejected by non-paying members, and quite a few of those belong to the screeners, too.
If it is so detrimental, why not petition RP.net to remove photos you disagree with... or become screeners?
Well, if rpnet actually took the time to reply to comments about pictures, rejections, etc, I probably would take the time occasionally to say something.

"Become the person in charge" is always an easily stated, yet unrealistic solution.

But perhaps they should consider getting more or fresher screeners. I recently uploaded a picture shot in the dead of winter, sun shining on the loco from a low angle, and it was rejected due to "sun being too high which is typical of high sun in the summer". Yeah...what? Right, that's why there was a 30 foot long shadow that the loco was casting on the ground next to it.

Yeah, as Scott said, we like to piss and moan about the rejections, and at times the excuses they give for rejections become comical.

You DO have some nice pictures in your rpnet gallery, but I can see at least two or three in the first couple of pages that would have been rejected by any of us.

Consistency is all I would like to see on that site.

SD40-2
Canada Eh!

Unread post by SD40-2 »

yesterday i got this
- Bad Color: Not enough color depth or too much color saturation.

the edit
- Bad Color: Not enough color depth or too much color saturation.

and the last one they like
all the same picture

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Hey, it's not YOUR fault that they didn't color the inside of that loco all nice and pretty. :lol: (or maybe TOO much...can't really tell which direction of "color depth" they are going).

I guess they liked NO color depth the best. Cool shot, regardless.