Job for Photoshop Professionals

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Job for Photoshop Professionals

Unread post by RailCanon »

I took this photo of Amtrak's Capitol Limited in Cumberland, Maryland earlier today. I was using manual exposure controls on my camera, and I screwed up pretty bad with it. The photos came out way too bright, and I got a "glare" problem with the headlights on the lead engine. I've corrected the photo in photoshop, for the most part, but I can't get rid of the headlight problem. If there are any photoshop professionals here who would like to take a crack at fixing this problem, E-mail me at GTW4070@gmail.com, and I will send you the photo.
Thanks

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I see NOTHING wrong with that picture, Gregg..... Awesome shot.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Gregg, the photo actually looks really good over here..maybe your monitor isn't calibrated right... feel free to email the full size over here and I'll take a looksie. webmaster@railroadfan.com
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

I think he is reffering to the glare from the headlight.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

the photo itself didn't come out way too bright, as everything else in the photo seems to have been exposed properly.. you should have told amtrak to dim their lights...the csx engine's headlights aren't too bright :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

10+

Unread post by signmasters »

I give it a 10+, the only thing wrong with it, it's not mine, and the woman on the right side of the train holding a white bag and purse might be holding a 45 in her other hand. Great shot Gregg.
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

I'll you right now, even if you fix the glare on the front that if you submit that to railpics, they'll reject it due to "poor lighting." The sun is coming from the right and the rear of the train is in the shadows. I had a picture like that rejected for that very reason, even though the front end had enough light on it. I wouldn't fret over the glare, it's not that distracting. But, if someone can fix it without being too obvious, then more power to ya!