Go-Pro fall from 3000 meters...wow!

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Go-Pro fall from 3000 meters...wow!

Unread post by Saturnalia »

So somebody found this Go Pro on the ground, and posted it to YouTube to find the owner. Apparently, it was from a skydiver who lost it on the way down.

Incredible footage, and AMAZING that it kept on recording after it hit the ground!

Score 1 for the Go Pro!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: Go-Pro fall from 3000 meters...wow!

Unread post by Ypsi »

I don't understand why people don't think GoPro's can handle this type of stuff. (not saying you don't MQT just in general) I have had so many people ask me if my camera will be ok when I am about to use it for what it is supposed to be. I have played hockey with it and people say "what if it gets hit?", "what if it falls", ect ect.. My answer is always the same, it will be fine. Other than maybe scratching the lens its hard to damage a GoPro without trying, and a new lens is like $3 or something and free shipping on eBay.. heck I just bought a second case for like $7. Those little cameras are awesome, and I highly recommend them for any photographer or videographer who wants a fun little camera that can go through hell and back. The only real regret I have on my experience with them is I did not buy the "floaty back" on my first one, and it sunk in the Atlantic Ocean :lol:

My favorite application of mine so far has been a couple carbide videos, this one being on the Hawaiian Railway Society: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R36J0KY2ESE
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

After watching I feel I could fall from 10,000' and survive :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

I'm amazed that it remained lens-down throughout the entire fall. I was expecting to see a lot of tumbling. I wonder what attachment it had that made it spin like that. It was like watching a bad dream where you're spinning and falling! :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

C&O6084
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by C&O6084 »

In half the YouTube GoPro posts, it's clearly obvious taht tghe camera was actually thrown. Not complaining -- it's a great testimonial to their ruggedness.