Submited already screened

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Submited already screened

Unread post by Scooterb »

Well I was kinda busy did not post these before submitting but results follow

I was really suprised this didnt make it.
1.Bad Angle: This rejection applies to going away shots which are typically not accepted unless they feature unique composition or rare subject material. This can also apply to images where part of the train is cut off in which case we would suggest, show us more than just a wedge angle of a train.

2.Bad Cropping: Most often this means that the composition of the photo is poor as it relates the cropping of the image. This often applies to images where the train fills too little of the frame or subject is located too close to the edge of the frame

3.Bad Cropping: Most often this means that the composition of the photo is poor as it relates the cropping of the image. This often applies to images where the train fills too little of the frame or subject is located too close to the edge of the frame

4.Poor Lighting (High Sun): The angle of the sunlight is too high, a common problem in the summer months of year on mid-day shots. Please try again to capture this image at a time when the lighting is less harsh.

5.Bad Angle: This rejection applies to going away shots which are typically not accepted unless they feature unique composition or rare subject material. This can also apply to images where part of the train is cut off in which case we would suggest, show us more than just a wedge angle of a train.

6.Accepted

7.Bad Angle: This rejection applies to going away shots which are typically not accepted unless they feature unique composition or rare subject material. This can also apply to images where part of the train is cut off in which case we would suggest, show us more than just a wedge angle of a train.
http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... pos=-19406

A rain shot? really didt think these 3 would have a chance.
8.Accepted

9. Accepted

Cloudy?????
10. accepted

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

wow no. 10 surprises me with the foreground clutter and the mystery pipe hanging in mid air. :)
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

yeah me too, I just stuck that in so I would have 10 pics

SDavey
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by SDavey »

I might have a solution for those who are dealing with when the screener says that the angle of the sun is too high, like those of the shot in #4. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements and if you use the equalize filter it will adjust for the amount of light in the shot most of the time.

Sometimes rail pictures.net bugs me because Ive taken over 300+ shots over the last year and a half, while only getting 10 accepted on the site.