Any Cropping Ideas?

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
A No.1
To Portland

Any Cropping Ideas?

Unread post by A No.1 »

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject. ... ey=7910554

I dont have any shots with the train farther to the right. Only more to the left.
Mark it Zero.

NSSD60M
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Any Cropping Ideas?

Unread post by NSSD60M »

Just another piss poor judgement in the books for RP. You've got a grain elevator, a historic old structure, and an overall great, level shot as I see it. Submit it somewhere else that isn't so inconsistent and finicky.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Train is centered. I think it's more of a composition/balance issue than cropping. If you had panned slightly to the left, moving the nose of the train to the right, the balance would have worked better. And that has nothing to do with the opinion of the RP screener who rejected that.

And NSSD60M, if Aaron was looking for the sentiment of your advice, he probably would have already stopped submitting to RP long ago.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

NSSD60M
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NSSD60M »

J T wrote: And NSSD60M, if Aaron was looking for the sentiment of your advice, he probably would have already stopped submitting to RP long ago.
Cool, Boss.

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

I'd say also if you did what J T said, you might have to show a bit more ground under the unit. Not sure, I'm just trying to imagine it in my mind.
Brett

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

NSSD60M wrote:Just another piss poor judgement in the books for RP. You've got a grain elevator, a historic old structure, and an overall great, level shot as I see it. Submit it somewhere else that isn't so inconsistent and finicky.
Meh, the train is far to centered to be salvageable. Aaron is far better then this shot. Your stuff generally rocks Aaron.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Thanks guys. I have my bad days, More often than not. I guess this is one of them. :lol:
Mark it Zero.