Bad Cropping?

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
A No.1
To Portland

Bad Cropping?

Unread post by A No.1 »

Bad Cropping?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject. ... ey=3927853

Could someone point out the Bad Cropping?
Mark it Zero.

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Bad Cropping?

Unread post by Big Frank »

Try less snow more Sky
Beating Up Foamer's and Rail Nerds Since 1981... I h8 u all!!!!

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

A No.1 wrote:Bad Cropping?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject. ... ey=3927853

Could someone point out the Bad Cropping?
It's not *really* bad cropping, but they seem to prefer a little tighter for basic wedgies. I'd lose a little on the left and bottom and you should be fine (that also acomplishes the "less snow, more sky").

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Roger, Ill give it a shot, I just really liked the house in the background. Why we are so focused on JUST THE TRAIN, I have no idea.
Mark it Zero.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Not everybody is, but when you shoot for a particular venue you have to bend to its ideals.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

Old Bastard
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Old Bastard »

Perhaps just make your username/account name CN RR or something to that effect. If you become the official CN photographer, you'd have it made in the shade, and no RP screener will have the guts to reject any shot.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

railohio wrote:Not everybody is, but when you shoot for a particular venue you have to bend to its ideals.
Exactly! I shoot for myself (and publication) and then often crop down for railpictures... :wink:
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MDH wrote:
railohio wrote:Not everybody is, but when you shoot for a particular venue you have to bend to its ideals.
Exactly! I shoot for myself (and publication) and then often crop down for railpictures... :wink:
This. People treat their photos like they can't be placed on more than one site, can't be edited in more than one way, etc. I don't get it. If you want your perfect shot (in your eyes) on the web, put it on rrarchives or flickr. If you want to have it on RP, then you have to be willing to edit the photo to make them happy. It's really quite a simple concept.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:
MDH wrote:
This. People treat their photos like they can't be placed on more than one site, can't be edited in more than one way, etc. I don't get it. If you want your perfect shot (in your eyes) on the web, put it on rrarchives or flickr. If you want to have it on RP, then you have to be willing to edit the photo to make them happy. It's really quite a simple concept.
I take pictures just to take them and play with them on Photoshop weeeeeeeeee :twisted:

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Your right JT. I'm not upset about any of the rejects. I probably should not have made any comment at all. Everyone has their own opinion on how certain shots should look or be cropped. To each his own. Just have fun doing it.
Mark it Zero.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

A No.1 wrote:Your right JT. I'm not upset about any of the rejects. I probably should not have made any comment at all. Everyone has their own opinion on how certain shots should look or be cropped. To each his own. Just have fun doing it.
I certainly wasn't implicating you at all with that comment. I'm talking about the people who whine and complain about RP because they can't get any shots on there and/or refuse to change the original image to conform to their guidelines.

:)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Mark it Zero.

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Nice man