MTS files

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

MTS files

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

I got a new camera, a Sony HDR-CX160 and it seems to record in MTS format. I've never heard of this format and it seem to take a lot longer for it to upload to youtube. Also the files do not convert properly to NTSC using any video converter, the video is very slow and the sound at regular speed. Need suggestions, is there a different way to set the camera to record to a different format or a different converter to change them before uploading to yt?

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Re: MTS files

Unread post by Big Frank »

I recently ran into kinda the same problem when I moved to 1080P HD the video being slow or Glitchy but sound being normal isnt a file problem its a video card issue i upgraded my Video card seeming mine was about 5 yrs old and if fixed it As for formats or uploading its all about file size not formats. Any HD video shooting at say 30FPS is a wayyyy bigger file thus taking longer to upload if you get a chance look at the file sizes from your old cam and compare them to your new cam im willing to bet they are much larger off of the new one.
Beating Up Foamer's and Rail Nerds Since 1981... I h8 u all!!!!

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

alittlevanwerty wrote:is there a different way to set the camera to record to a different format
Owner's manual????

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

True I did not think of that. My old camera was a 720p with either a 15 fps or a 20fps. I bought a 30fps card to go with the new camera. Guess i just take too much video lol. Last time it took about 18 to upload my videos and today I'm at 46% complete after 6 hours.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

I didn't see anything in the manual that states a way to change to say MP4 for example.