what do I lvl it too

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

what do I lvl it too

Unread post by Big Frank »

As most of you know I a wiz with PS but i cant lvl a darn picture to save my life i have no idea why but here it is and what d oi lvl too the side of the building the light post the train arrrgggg

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject. ... ey=9367191
Beating Up Foamer's and Rail Nerds Since 1981... I h8 u all!!!!

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: what do I lvl it too

Unread post by Ypsi »

Idk if you were looking for the picture to be leveled (lvl?) so i played around with it... i can delete it or do whatever if you want me too.

The origional picture that Frank took, which got rejected from RP.net for being unlevel

I leved out for the most part I think, and played with the contrast and saturation a bit
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

It will probably still get rejected for foreground clutter, the concrete block and guardrail (?) in front of the engines.

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks tops I quit giving a real crap about RP almost a year a go after i got a few on than faked a bunch that were not mine i add but was asked to "doctor" that are on their sight for several ppl I use them more as a guide just to help me "understand "what looks good cause im always hurting in the Lvlin field but thatnks to the Grand wizard known as zack he showed me something awesome today so now Im all good. Just added another Arsenal to my CS5 bag O Tricks

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

The ruler tool in CS5 (and older versions) is your best friend when it comes to leveling. Also, Transform (perspective, warp, distort) helps a lot with wide angle shots, especially when you have leaning buildings toward the outer edges of the frame.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:The ruler tool in CS5 (and older versions) is your best friend when it comes to leveling. Also, Transform (perspective, warp, distort) helps a lot with wide angle shots, especially when you have leaning buildings toward the outer edges of the frame.
Thanks JT you know i love my leaning building lmao

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Big Frank wrote:
J T wrote:The ruler tool in CS5 (and older versions) is your best friend when it comes to leveling. Also, Transform (perspective, warp, distort) helps a lot with wide angle shots, especially when you have leaning buildings toward the outer edges of the frame.
Oh, and when doing manual perspective control, it helps to pull guide lines out from the ruler bar along the left edge of the window frame to use as perfect vertical references. I usually drag a few out and drop them on all the prominent verticals.
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:
Big Frank wrote:
Oh, and when doing manual perspective control, it helps to pull guide lines out from the ruler bar along the left edge of the window frame to use as perfect vertical references. I usually drag a few out and drop them on all the prominent verticals.
Huh i dont know what any of that is

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Big Frank wrote:
J T wrote: Oh, and when doing manual perspective control, it helps to pull guide lines out from the ruler bar along the left edge of the window frame to use as perfect vertical references. I usually drag a few out and drop them on all the prominent verticals.
Huh i dont know what any of that is
PS 101. How don't you know what that is, yet you're so prolific at cloning? (scratching my head) :P

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Ok, here's a screen shot of what I was describing. The rulers are along the left edge and top edge. The blue lines you see are called "guides" and you can "pull" them out from the rulers. Just click on the ruler and drag the blue line to where you want it. That's what I often use as a leveling reference when doing perspective correction.

If you want to move them after you've placed them, make sure you've selected the "Move" tool at the top of the tool palette.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

It seems pretty obvious to me that the photo was taken at an angle that left the top of the building appearing to be unlevel.

OTOH, If you look at the top of the locomotives the pic does appear level.
Norm

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:Ok, here's a screen shot of what I was describing. The rulers are along the left edge and top edge. The blue lines you see are called "guides" and you can "pull" them out from the rulers. Just click on the ruler and drag the blue line to where you want it. That's what I often use as a leveling reference when doing perspective correction.

If you want to move them after you've placed them, make sure you've selected the "Move" tool at the top of the tool palette.
OMG THAT IS SO AWESOME.. i can fake anyting you want and make it look real but to lvl a picture to save my life forget about it this is still my fav one yet lmao

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

I usually backup a bit further when I shoot trains going by the depot. Its easier to work with that concrete block and rail sitting up there along the mainline.

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Nice shot GTW Yeah it was my first time there and I had to work quick cause the train was getting ready to come out of the tunnel