New Camera Test

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

New Camera Test

Unread post by Big Frank »

Ok so I got a new Camera. I broke down and got a 550D for the HD video aspect of it. I tested it out today and all in all I dont think it looks too bad vid quality wise not to sure tho. I don't know how much vid shooting i will be doing cause these files are MASSIVE!!! 8Gb SD got me 4 min of vid... heres what I got And i dont wanna hear Its back lit and yadda yadda this was just a test to see what it could do. also was using External Sony stereo mic not built in mic may need a wind screen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyBRtY8NLNI

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0FmdUfwwIc
Beating Up Foamer's and Rail Nerds Since 1981... I h8 u all!!!!

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Re: New Camera Test

Unread post by conrailmike »

I assume you're talking about the Canon 550D, correct? Good luck with the auto-focus while shooting video. If you're going to continue to shoot a lot of video then I would really recommend you learn how to quickly focus using manual. The auto focus in these cameras still isn't the greatest for video. It's going to be even tougher given the fact that trains are not the slowest moving objects around.

Great camera for stills though! :wink:

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Re: New Camera Test

Unread post by Big Frank »

Yes canon 550D I have found this out i actually cant get it to auto focus i basically just have to shoot wide angle and focus it than start recording kind of annoying really
Beating Up Foamer's and Rail Nerds Since 1981... I h8 u all!!!!