Canon lens question?

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Canon lens question?

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

This thread has been helpful. The wife just bought a T3 and told me to learn how to use it. Has anyone picked up the battery grip for it ?

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

M.D.Bentley wrote:This thread has been helpful. The wife just bought a T3 and told me to learn how to use it. Has anyone picked up the battery grip for it ?
Grips are really nice accessories if you have larger hands and don't mind the extra size and weight. The extended battery life with a grip is great to have, and in emergencies you have the option to use double-A batteries. Grips also make shooting vertical a lot easier and they have some of the same controls on them as the camera (shutter button, dial, * button, etc).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Got to use the new T3 at Autorama on saturday. Along with alot of COOL cars and stuff, I noticed alot of other Canon users ( mostly T3's ) and a few Nikons. Even though I did not choose the T3 I am happy with the results, even with the crash course on its use. 2 thumbs up on this camera. I will be looking for the power grip in the near future. Anything else you Canon owners use that you would recommend ?

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

M.D.Bentley wrote:Got to use the new T3 at Autorama on saturday. Along with alot of COOL cars and stuff, I noticed alot of other Canon users ( mostly T3's ) and a few Nikons. Even though I did not choose the T3 I am happy with the results, even with the crash course on its use. 2 thumbs up on this camera. I will be looking for the power grip in the near future. Anything else you Canon owners use that you would recommend ?
First I would recommend that you learn everything about that camera and the different modes it has.

And then....the 580EXII flash (or a good used 580EX), a diffuser for it, and a couple of sets of Eneloop batteries (my personal favorite). After that, learn all you can about the flash and using it. Don't be afraid of the light!! You won't use it in the way of shooting trains but it sounds like you're looking to shoot other stuff and it will be a huge addition to your photography skill set.

After that, there's better glass, flash triggers, and all kinds of stuff you can spend your hard earned money on :mrgreen:

While you're at it, you might want to check out the Canon user forum at http://www.photography-on-the.net/forum

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Seen on Facebook tonight:
Apparently, Canon engineered the L series 70-200 lens to sheer at the plastic ring ahead of the lens mount in a catastrophic fall, instead of ripping the mount off the camera body. Don't ask how I discovered this. I won't recommend lightweight travel tripods too others--pay the extra $$ for baggage.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"