CF Card Prongs Bent

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan

CF Card Prongs Bent

Unread post by bnsfben »

I found out that one of the prongs inside the camera where the CF card goes is bent. I am not able to get the card in, thus I cannot take a picture. How would you guys suggest fixing this? Should I try doing it myself or should I go to a camera shop. I am thinking about Woodward Camera in Birmingham.

Thanks for the help

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Re: CF Card Prongs Bent

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Buy a new one. It will probably cost just as much to get it fixed (if it can be fixed?). They are pretty cheap anymore.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

He's talking about the male prongs inside the camera, not the female portion of the CF card. I've rebent prongs for harddrives before with not much of a problem, but on my Canon, the prongs are pretty hard to reach, even with tweezers. If you can see inside and just see one bent prong, and if you think you can reach it ok, you might be able to bend it back upright. If it's a few prongs bent, might want to take it to the store.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Ah, yes...that's a different story. Maybe it would help to read every word. :lol: You may want to take it to the store anyway to have them atleast look at it and get an estimate. It may be worth the cost of otherwise risking messing it up even more.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

railroadfan wrote:...but on my Canon, the prongs are pretty hard to reach, even with tweezers.
Which begs the question...how the hell does one prong inside the camera, out of reach, get bent??
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

J T wrote:
railroadfan wrote:...but on my Canon, the prongs are pretty hard to reach, even with tweezers.
Which begs the question...how the hell does one prong inside the camera, out of reach, get bent??
Maybe trying to shove the card in the wrong way?