A million views

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
MDH
rp.net addict

A million views

Unread post by MDH »

I noticed I hit an interesting milestone sometime in the last 24 hours or so since my first upload to rp.net:
Photo Stats: Michael Harding

Michael Harding currently has 891 photos in the database. The photos have been viewed a total of 1,001,010 times, for an average of 1,123.47 views per photo.
The one that started it all for me is a train that doesn't even run anymore (Wheeling Coke train to Detroit via CSX):
Photo ID 239538
Photo by Michael Harding

This photo was added to RailPictures.Net on June 15, 2008, meaning that it has been part of the database for a period of 1,041 days. Since then, the photo has received 1,830 unique views, for an average of 2 views per day.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=239538

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: A million views

Unread post by AARR »

Congrats Mike. You take some beautiful pictures. That is over 1000 hits per picture 8)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

AARR wrote:That is over 1000 hits per picture 8)
Or even 1123.47 views per photo as MDH said above.
for an average of 1,123.47 views per photo.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

My first two sentences were relevant though :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

You can also sort your photos by railroad and locomotive model on RP.net in the members section.

Coffee2Go
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Coffee2Go »

Wow! Congrats. It's a milestone to say the least as you never think of it when you first post. I reached the same mark on YouTube for a train video which is all of 17 seconds long never thinking it would get that much attention. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV_HnZi-9c0

I just had my first one posted on RRP so with some more shots maybe one day I'll be able to say the same. Only 999,318 more to reach that mark.

Rob