Oh how I hate bad cropping...

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Oh how I hate bad cropping...

Unread post by nssd70m-2 »

Last edited by nssd70m-2 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Re: I how I hate bad cropping...

Unread post by conrailmike »

For starters, the locomotive is leaning. A slight adjustment would help it stand straight. As for your cropping, it looks too tight on the right. What I mean, is that the train trails off to the right and it might look better if there's more of the train in the photo. Is this the original crop out of the camera?

nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by nssd70m-2 »

conrailmike wrote:For starters, the locomotive is leaning. A slight adjustment would help it stand straight. As for your cropping, it looks too tight on the right. What I mean, is that the train trails off to the right and it might look better if there's more of the train in the photo. Is this the original crop out of the camera?
Well the only issue with leveling it is well, it's already level with the Horizon... So i either have to compromise leveling the Locomotive or the horizon.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Re: Oh how I hate bad cropping...

Unread post by CAT345C »

Thats what I don't get, how can you level something that is unlevel in real life? I understand when you can tell by looking at buildings that the photo is unlevel, but in this case the track has a cross level issue which is a real factor in railroading. Why correct what really happens? I'm sure this comment will start another 2 page rant from everybody saying how dumb rail pictures can be...
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

CAT345C wrote:Thats what I don't get, how can you level something that is unlevel in real life? I understand when you can tell by looking at buildings that the photo is unlevel, but in this case the track has a cross level issue which is a real factor in railroading. Why correct what really happens? I'm sure this comment will start another 2 page rant from everybody saying how dumb rail pictures can be...
Only thing is, nssd70m-2 never said ANYTHING about receiving an unlevel rejection. It was conrailmike who said it was unlevel. It's pretty obvious that the buildings are level and the locomotive is leaning on uneven track.

The only rant should be about not blaming RP for something they aren't guilty of. :P
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

J T wrote:
CAT345C wrote:Thats what I don't get, how can you level something that is unlevel in real life? I understand when you can tell by looking at buildings that the photo is unlevel, but in this case the track has a cross level issue which is a real factor in railroading. Why correct what really happens? I'm sure this comment will start another 2 page rant from everybody saying how dumb rail pictures can be...
Only thing is, nssd70m-2 never said ANYTHING about receiving an unlevel rejection. It was conrailmike who said it was unlevel. It's pretty obvious that the buildings are level and the locomotive is leaning on uneven track.

The only rant should be about not blaming RP for something they aren't guilty of. :P
Who reads the fine print? woops!
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

mlmphotography
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mlmphotography »

I think the image as a whole is too "in your face" If you could give some extra frame all the way around you'd be fine.

Or just hate RP for being RP.

Loyd L.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Nice shot.
Mark it Zero.