Leveling Help

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
Y@
Ass. Janitor

Leveling Help

Unread post by Y@ »

http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject. ... 3237&key=0

It's unlevel for sure, but no matter what way I do it, nothing looks right. Suggestions?
Bottom text.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Leveling Help

Unread post by Norm »

If you look at the tower on the right in the background it can't be more than 1/2 degree off vertical.

It's a good picture, and nit-picky stuff like this is why I'll never submit a photo to them.
Norm

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Nit Picky? It's an easy fix and it should be corrected. Then again I don't really upload there anymore either, because I just don't care and would rather share on Flickr, RRF, and TO.

As for this photo .25 to .5 degrees CW Rotation will do the trick.

Nice shot BTW, that is a really great location! I have shot from the north side in the summer before but never the south in the winter.
Last edited by MagnumForce on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by StrayWolf716 »

I really don't see an unlevel horizon. As for the tower, it tapers in width as it peaks in height, so I wouldn't let it be an indication of being unlevel.
Great shot in the evening sun.
Only thing I see (and I kick myself in the ass when it happens..) is the photographer's shadow is visible.
Nice work, as always Y@.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Yeah, I dont really see the unlevel either. Maybe lesne destortion but not unlevel.

Split it half and half. Tip it the the right just a bit.
Mark it Zero.

B-Town
Foamer Photographe​r?!?!?!!?

Unread post by B-Town »

½ degree clockwise would probably do the trick!

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Tower is leaning slightly to the left, as mentioned. Just level that and you should be good. Nice shot.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

A little late getting back to you all on this, but I leveled it off like you all said and they rejected it for being underexposed. Kinda gave up on it after that.
Bottom text.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Y@ wrote:A little late getting back to you all on this, but I leveled it off like you all said and they rejected it for being underexposed. Kinda gave up on it after that.
Why did you give up? Underexposed is the easiest one to fix. Just brighten it up! Simple as that.
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

J T wrote:
Y@ wrote:A little late getting back to you all on this, but I leveled it off like you all said and they rejected it for being underexposed. Kinda gave up on it after that.
Why did you give up? Underexposed is the easiest one to fix. Just brighten it up! Simple as that.
Just not a lot of desire to pursue it I guess. I know it's an easy fix, just not finding the time to do it. :lol:
Bottom text.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Y@ wrote: Just not a lot of desire to pursue it I guess. I know it's an easy fix, just not finding the time to do it. :lol:
Seriously, dude...10 seconds is all it takes! :P