I have no idea what to do?!?!

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
B-Town
Foamer Photographe​r?!?!?!!?

I have no idea what to do?!?!

Unread post by B-Town »

Hello! :?
I was testing my fisheye lens for the first time tonight! I took a timed exposure of NS 304 and it is extremely distorted! I'm new to this kind of photography and I have no idea how I should edit this (or if I should even try). The photo is level, but it definitely doesn't look like it (and obviously the RP.net screeners felt the same way). Should I try to un-distort the image in Photoshop or I just give up on this one? I'm open to any suggestions! I'm curious as to what people think, too! I purchased the lens for another project and I wanted to know what it would do to a train!
Here's the Railpictures.net rejection link:
:arrow: http://www.railpictures.net/viewreject. ... =560359600
Thanks!
B-Town

A No.1
To Portland

Re: I have no idea what to do?!?!

Unread post by A No.1 »

WELL, I will be suprised if they take that one, BUT, By the reject reason I would level off of that pole in the center of the photo. Plumb up that pole and the shot will be as level as you can get it.

Don't be suprised if you get a PEQ after that one.
Last edited by A No.1 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark it Zero.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Fisheye lenses give you fisheye distortion. No way around that, and it's generally not a good thing to use in railroad photography. I like the idea and the shot, but not something they're going to accept.
Bottom text.

B-Town
Foamer Photographe​r?!?!?!!?

Unread post by B-Town »

Thanks! I understand what you guys mean! When I was taking the pictures, they didn't really seem to be working. It was just something different to try on a cloudy day.
I got the lens to shoot band photos and I think it will better fit that subject!
Thanks for all the help! I really enjoy getting feedback from fellow railfans!!! :D