Nailing KATO Unitrack?

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Nailing KATO Unitrack?

Unread post by Racer »

I was looking at my KATO Unitrack this afternoon and noticed there is no holes to place the nails in to nail the track down on the board. How am I supposed to nail the track down if there is no nail-hole for the nails? I surely don't want to crack or break the track. Help please!
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Umm...you're not?

I remember Model Railroader used Unitrack for a project layout in the last couple years. I don't think they actually nailed the track down though. I think they used a glue or epoxy or something to attach it though.
~ Charles W.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

if you flip the track over there should be some holes that you need to drill out with a small drill.

lsi3009
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lsi3009 »

you might wanna use a construction adheasive, like pl 200 or something, i would not try to nail that plastic it might crack and give ya problems down the road. go too your hardwood store and go look and caulking adheasives.

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

Thanks guys. I'll eventually glue it down. I don't want to use drills and risk cracking or breaking the track. I WILL NOT glue down the switches because I do not want to cause electrical short circuits or something.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Chris.... Liquid Nails for Projects..... excellent.....

MUTLINERR
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MUTLINERR »

If you are looking to hold the track in place and even permamently I would sugest a god latex caulk. If used sparringly you will be able to remove the track for changes and reuse in the future.

Bill C

MUTLINERR
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MUTLINERR »

Sorry for the spelling, this is what I get for trying to post while watching TV.

Bill C

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

That's a good idea Bill, thanks!