Just found a neat little MRR shop in Battle Creek......

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Just found a neat little MRR shop in Battle Creek......

Unread post by Todd Cline »

Anyone here that lives near B.C. should stop into this little place on W. Columbia Ave. just east of Main St. It's on the south side of the road. I can't recall for sure, but I think it's called "Train Place". Anyway, a very nice older gentleman runs it, he deals in secondhand stuff and has quite a nice inventory. Prices are good too. O, HO, N, he's got lots of stuff. I bought a couple of never-assembled Roundhouse freight car kits for 5 bucks each! I haven't seen prices like that since the 1970's! I wanted to pass this info. along to the board because I want him to stay in business. He doesn't get a huge amount of customers, probably because he only has a small ad in the local paper.
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I recently bought a car on ebay for 10 bucks. When I stopped at this place today, he had 2 of that same car priced at $2.00 each. Boy, talk about hindsight!
Anyway, if you are nearby, check this place out. It's no "Riders", but more like a swap meet. Lots of old back issue mags too. Take your unwanted stuff along, he buys and sells. NEAT LITTLE PLACE!!!

Todd.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Just for the record, there's a place kind of like that down in Mishawaka. Not that you would ever get down there Todd, but I figured I'd add it to the thread in case anyone who would get down that way would see it. It's called NYC Trains or something like that.

Next time I'm in the Battle Creek area with time to spare, I'll try to find that place and stop in. I enjoy the swap meets but never seem to be able to make them...

Thanks for the heads-up Todd.
~ Charles W.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

In Freight Cars for the Westland Area....

Nankin Hardware and Hobby at Ford and Wayne Rd. Excellent selection of HO freight cars and Rolling stock, Cheap Feright Cars and Coaches, if you also are into painting.... Excellent selection of railroad paints.....

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Charles W wrote:Just for the record, there's a place kind of like that down in Mishawaka. Not that you would ever get down there Todd, but I figured I'd add it to the thread in case anyone who would get down that way would see it. It's called NYC Trains or something like that.

Next time I'm in the Battle Creek area with time to spare, I'll try to find that place and stop in. I enjoy the swap meets but never seem to be able to make them...

I drove right by NYC Trains. If you are coming from Elkhart west, I think its 391 or 393 or 331? Just take the road along the fuel pads and you will pass it.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Mike Tabone wrote:
Charles W wrote:Just for the record, there's a place kind of like that down in Mishawaka. Not that you would ever get down there Todd, but I figured I'd add it to the thread in case anyone who would get down that way would see it. It's called NYC Trains or something like that.

I drove right by NYC Trains. If you are coming from Elkhart west, I think its 391 or 393 or 331? Just take the road along the fuel pads and you will pass it.
It's SR 933. One of the guys involved in it is also the interim President of the Robert Young NRHS chapter...or the proposed Robert Young NRHS chapter...haven't heard yet if we were approved or not...
~ Charles W.

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Mike, Chinese food is always better the first day, thrown directly into the garbage. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00, and do not eat it. 'Nuff said.
Sorry, just my 2 cents. I'll take Italian anyday.

Todd :)

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

Todd Cline wrote: Mike, Chinese food is always better the first day, thrown directly into the garbage. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00, and do not eat it. 'Nuff said.
Sorry, just my 2 cents. I'll take Italian anyday.

Todd :)
Hooray! :mrgreen:
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

I was just out at the shop yesterday, and got to talking with Gary, the guy that owns the shop, and he is really a great guy to talk with. He must be in his 70's, he's seen a lot. There were some photos on a wall of the GTW wreck by the airport back in the 1940's. I asked him about them, he said "oh yes, that was a bad wreck, you see that second kid from the left in the picture? That's me. The engineer and fireman were still in the cab then". I said "what a way to die". He said, "they were already dead". The wreck was an inferno with tank cars burning, etc. No rescue crews, no "EMS" like we are used to these days, different times for sure. 911? forget it. These "kids" walking up close to the burning wreckage of a train wreck, that just isn't possible these days.
Make it a point to stop and visit Gary sometime, you won't regret it.
Try to bring in some "trade-ins", he really wants them. HO mainly, but he deals in all scales.
I hate to sound like a commercial, but I really like this guy and his shop! If you like a "swap-meet", you will love this place too.

Todd

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Dang it Todd, you're really starting to make me want to take a trip over to Battle Creek...
~ Charles W.