Update On The Motor City Central!

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

what type of conrail engine you have there? Looks like a GP35?
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

tsinoms wrote:what type of conrail engine you have there? Looks like a GP35?
It's a GP38 Trevor. Eventually I'm going to put the CSX patch on the side. :D
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

I also preach Flex Track and Atlas code 83 and 100... I used them in my Santa Fe Western Railroad til' it had to be torndown.... I however Only really used thw 100' even though I should have bought the levelers for going between 100 and 83 on the sidings.....

I still love it. As long as it is modeled right.. it'll look good, if it is not.... well then you just have another "Toy Train" layout, and I use that in the Lionel, American Flyer Version of the phrase......

Chris... I'd maybe look into a Shared Assets Conrail Locomotive for a bit more realism.....

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

Chrisracer8903 wrote:
tsinoms wrote:what type of conrail engine you have there? Looks like a GP35?
It's a GP38 Trevor. Eventually I'm going to put the CSX patch on the side. :D
WHY GET RID OF CONRAIL FOR CSX!?
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

He Does have a Point.....

geeps
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by geeps »

SAVE A CONRAIL, scrap a CSX. :P Dont big and rich have a song about that?

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

Today, I exchanged my extra track for 3 switches. Now I got 2 industries and a long spur to a coal power plant for coal trains! I'll post pictures soon! Most of my rollingstock on my layout will be various CSX locomotives and a few CP locomotives to represent X500. So say what you want; My model railroad, my rules! :D
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

Here's some shots of my layout yesterday evening. This is pretty much the finalized track plan except for the turntable with sheds/ fueling/ deadline tracks.

Extended Rougemere Yard to handle longer in-bound trains so the power can run-around their train.
I extended the back of Walbridge Yard with longer yard tracks and yard lead. I relocated one of my switches onto the turntable track as a siding for MOW cars.
I added 2 industries. I need to solder the wires to the main feeder wire so I have power to the industries (due to the power routing of the switches). One industry will be a scrap yard for gondolas and the other track will be a Faygo Cola Factory where the back of the spur is for Cargill tank cars with Corn Syrup and the front of the siding for BNSF reefer cars. In the distance, there is a long spur for unit coal trains to the Monroe Coal Power Plant.
The overall layout. I am pleased with it so far! :D

lsi3009
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lsi3009 »

nice layout chris, i dont know if i would use that kind of track your using!! im been into model rr for over 18 years, built lots of small and large layouts and allways used cord roadbed and flex track. first thing when building a layout, you got too have a track plan for the size of room your got, and them determen the hight you want your layout to be, and then build your frame and bench work and then plywood. and them cork and flex track and switches and power up. and so forth . im know 29 and been around the hobby too know whats good and whats junk. that track you got ill say its ok! BUT NOT THE BEST. ask mike tabone. he can ya. when building a layout, you should take your time, look at stuff, because you might wanna change things around. dosent happen over night! . have fun.

p.s. i know ul have a derailment later on with that track, hehehe

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Kato track it just as good as cork and flex track, And its better yet if you dont have a plan, as it is very tough. In some aspects its almost Out of any of the "track" with road bed it is the one, throw the rest away. I know of at least three guys when I worked at the hobby shop, that built wonderfull layouts with Kato track, two in N and one in HO. Yes you are more limited as to what you can do, but it is top quality track, never out of gauge, and you will never have anything derail as long as you have it joined to gether right. And I have been modeling for 26 years.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!