Looking For Local Model Railroad Clubs

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Looking For Local Model Railroad Clubs

Unread post by Racer »

I'm trying to look for model railroad clubs in the Canton/Livonia/Plymouth/Northville areas, is there any that you guys may know of or I can find information on? -Chris

odave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by odave »

Google is your friend - I was looking for a club in my area too and dug up a list of Michigan clubs at Trains.com. Good luck!

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

Thanks, looks like the Ann Arbor railroad club is closest to me. -Chris

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

That list included "Rails on Wheels" that I joined late in 2007. I ran some trains with them on their modular layout in Toledo in late December, and had a blast. They meet in Saline twice a month, but only run trains on their layout when they setup at shows. They can always use some younger, more able-bodied folks to join to help with the physical work of setting up and tearing down the layout! :-) Rails on Wheels only costs $10 a year since there's no permanant layout or building to have to support.

Garry K

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

Thanks Garry, but I prefer to be in a club where we have a layout that we go run/ work on once every week at one spot. I think the Ann Arbor railroad club suits me the best: it's close, conveint with my classes, I have HO locomotives, and want to learn more about model railroads while working on the N scale one in my basement. -Chris