Downriver has trains again !

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Downriver has trains again !

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Mosty HO right now. Nankin has moved into the former Grand Hardware building on S/B Fort street ( M 85 ) just south of Goddard road in Southgate. Lots of R/C stuff also.

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Downriver has trains again !

Unread post by Fred »

And Menards is also open in the old Gibralter Trade Center on Eureka Rd right next to the Lincoln Secondary.

railroads2000
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Downriver has trains again !

Unread post by railroads2000 »

I stopped in to see for myself, picked up two athearn boxcars, not much in the way of train items, no magazines. Three quarters of the store is devoted to RC models, paint by number kits, and scouting items. Hopefully as time goes by, they will bring more items in. The Farmington store was a waste of my time and drive, since they don't have much in the way of train items. At one time, the westland store was chock full of HO and N scale items, and I spent a lot of dough there. I remember their store way back when, on Michigan Ave just east of Merriman Rd. I've been with out a good store since Rider's closed their Taylor store a few years back and Merri-Seven moved out to Rochester(Empire Trains). Long drives to Rochester, Fraser(P&D), Great Lakes Hobbies(Shelby TWP.). Most of my items come from my train show treks in the fall, Saline and Ann Arbor shows, both in saline during November and February. The Mount Clemens show was a long drive and waste, as it was getting smaller each year; great when it was at Macomb Community College. The best hands down shops were the Joe's Hobbies shops, Dearborn, Farmington and Rochester locations; the Birmingham Train Center that use to be on Woodward Ave in Royal Oak, all gone, Fallen Flags!!! There is alittle shop in westland run by an older gentleman, no sign, use to service TV's at one time, he has some good stuff, but it won't be to long before he will retire. Oh yeah, there was a shop in Redford, gone too! So know I have three choices, drive 40 minutes one way and be disappointed, thumb through the walthers catalog, or wait for the once a year train shows. I envy the modelers in the Chicago, St Louis, Kansas City, etc. areas, that have the good train shows and modeler meets. I'll keep tabs on the new store as time goes by, finger crossed.

James Barnes, Jr.
Taylor, Michigan