Marion RPM meet.. a great place to learn & trains

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Marion RPM meet.. a great place to learn & trains

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

The 2017 Central Ohio RPM is planned for April 27-29, 2017 at Marion Union Station, 532 W Center St, Marion, OH 43302. Our meet features all the usual RPM qualities. Model displays, clinics, door prizes, fellowship and friendship. We also feature nightly slide/movie shows and a meet closing cookout. Another unique feature of our meet is that it is held in a historic depot that is located right in the center or 3 sets of very busy double track mainlines. Over 50 trains a day interrupt our meet. For those of you that model modern railroad operations, the prototype is never too far away. One place that we vary from most other RPMs is that we invite Protofreelancers to attend and display their models. Many of these modelers have extreme talent and they are willing to share it with us.

Cost for the weekend is only $25.00. If you care to join us for the meet closing cookout that is an additional $6.00. Where else can you get a weekend of enjoyment for only $31.00?

There is ample lodging located nearby, at routes 23&95. Below is a map of the area showing the hotels.
https://www.google.com/…/@40.5902987,-8 ... a=!3m1!4b1

Speaking of clinics, we are currently looking for a few more clinicians. Those that present clinics get free admission to our meet. Even if you have never presented a clinic before, you are encouraged to present one at our meet. We have digital equipment to present our clinics. This includes a windows based laptop and a digital projector. If you would like to present a clinic, please contact me, Denis Blake. I can be reached at dblake7@columbus.rr.com or seaboard_1966@yahoo.com Thanks.

My wife, Robin, THE Warden, Kevin, Dale and I put a lot of effort into this meet. We only ask that you attend, bring friends and models and have a GREAT time.

Preregistration is not necessary. However, if you would like to do so, please send a check to Robin Blake, 1512 LaCosta Drive 43040. As I said the cost is $25.00 for the meet and $6.00 for the cookout. Please indicate if you are bringing models to display.

The meet opens Thursday the 29th around noon. This will be for set up and other things. After setup we will adjourn for dinner. After dinner we will return to the depot for the first of our nightly movie/slide shows. If you have some old gold that you care to share with us, please bring it along. We have digital and non digital equipment available for this

The meet opens for real at 800am on Friday. This is for those that need to set up. As soon as I can get it brewed, coffee will be available. The meet closes at 600pm and we will adjourn for dinner. After dinner we will regroup at the depot for more slides/movies. Saturday sees virtually the same schedule except door prizes will be handled after lunch on Saturday and you must be present to win.

In the past we have done shirts for the meet. Those will NOT be available this year, sorry.

Please member one thing. While we do have a schedule for meet, with the railroads right outside the door it is very hard to keep to any written schedule. We strive to do the best we can. Sorry for any inconvenience.

One more thing. I ask that you spread this message around to any modeling groups that you belong to. I manage to hit many places but I cant possibly get them all. For that, I need your help, thanks.

Robin, Kevin, Dale and I all hope to see you there.
Denis Blake
CORPM
dave jakubec , I encourage all to try this once.. really a good time..