Walthers announces HO GTW Blue GP9s

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Walthers announces HO GTW Blue GP9s

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Walthers has just announced a new run of HO GP9s in their Proto line. The release includes GTW 4433, 4441, 4428 and 4434 in the blue scheme. As some of you may know, 4433 and 4428 survive today, still in GTW blue, as part of Great Lakes Locomotive's lease fleet. These are also the first Walthers models to come equipped with ESU's excellent Loksound sound and DCC.

Announcement: http://track.walthers.com/forms/March_2 ... ements.pdf

ImageGLLX GP9 #4433 by Jonathon Leese, on Flickr
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Walthers announces HO GTW Blue GP9s

Unread post by KVERBERK »

I wonder if this means all New Walthers units will have Loksound. I would love see those new Chessie GP35's coming out have loksound installed.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Not sure if this run of GP35s will but the next run will for sure!
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

rteusink
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rteusink »

Anything currently announced with Soundtraxx Tsunami decoders will be delivered as such.

New projects with ESU Loksound Select decoders will be announced as such going forward.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

remove post please
Last edited by patrick on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

rteusink
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rteusink »

Patrick -

PM sent.

- Bob
patrick wrote:I spoke with Walthers reps via email about the hand railings on the GTW units. there was what i'll call for the sake of discussion, rumors flying about that the hand railings would be the same for all units and thus the gtw units would be wrong. He said to me that hes about 99% sure that will NOT be the case. he said, because this is their proto line" everything is ment to be detail specific and thus should be correct. he did, however ask me to send him a few photos that i could find pointing out said differences. i sent him a "wedgie" from each corner of the 4433 and 4428. He was going to send those to the development people to make sure they got it right. i made it clear, there are modelers who, if its wrong, straight up, wont buy it, not at that price point. they'd wait for athearn. He was going to pass that along as well. Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who cares to know. I ordered one of each 4433, 4428 the day they were announced. :-)

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

Bob, not seeing a PM anyplace from you sir. you can email me directly at Tcaauwe2002@yahoo.com if you like. i might be missing the PM someplace.

Patrick