Ann Arbor Mode Railroad Club show 2017

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Ann Arbor Mode Railroad Club show 2017

Unread post by Ypsi »

Went back again this year and got some good deals. Less vendors this year but I felt the items were better. Big score for me was a Walters skytop lounge in cn scheme for $10. Very neat car and insane deal. Also had a good selection of non model collectibles including some Niven older safety booklets for various railroads.
Attachments
IMG_2170.PNG
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Ann Arbor Mode Railroad Club show 2017

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

I had a good time. I haven't been looking for too much lately, but picked up a number of painted HO scale figures cheap, some scenery material, and a batch of Code 70 turnouts for a decent price.

Notable by their absence were Dave's Books, Steve's Trains, and Funaro & Camerlengo.

My understanding is that Dave has been reducing the number of shows he does for the past few years, so I'm not surprised that he didn't come this year.

Funaro & Camerlengo not being there wasn't too much of a surprise, since they've purchased tables at this show for quite a number of years, but haven't shown up very consistently.

I was struck by how much more tinplate there was this year.

It looked like there were about half an aisle fewer vendors in the "one-day space" in the cafeteria, this year.

I probably spent as much time talking with people I only see once or twice a year as I did shopping.
-Fritz Milhaupt

sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

Perfect Weather. for once in years. But the show is on its last legs,, the one day tables were half of last year. cheaper to buy a two day table?. crowd was down but everybody was in good cheer.. Got to see a lot of old friends that we promised to get together before next year, again.. only one table of sales. lots of bins and box's. otherwise prices were high, BUT at least there was NEW stuff. last 4 shows have been Tyco , Bachmann,junk.. No Books sadly, miss Dave. Great Layouts. esp trolley.. maybe back to one day as Sunday was , I don't think there was more than 40 buyers at any one time.. and most were back from Saturday. I promise to see you guys before next years show..
jd

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Well I went Sunday, and it was, in train show terms, like a ghost town. Picked up a few items, but I've seen better selections elsewhere. I think the weather played a role in the emptiness on Sunday. Not sure if I'd be hitting this show again, maybe on an off chance.