Photo Help - Model/prototype related

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Photo Help - Model/prototype related

Unread post by patrick »

Ok guys, i need some help. I'm doing up a fleet of IATR boxcars in both the orange and green paint. Im only doing the 4300 series cars. I'm looked at every photo i can find online, and have a whole list of 4300's i need need to know what color they were. I want to get these right. if any of you have photos of these cars, could you please post them, or link to them, or tell me the road number and color of the car? thanks well in advance.

iandt
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Photo Help - Model/prototype related

Unread post by iandt »

Is this site helpful at all? It has a large collection of IATR boxcar photos, and several of 4300-series boxes:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsList ... IATR&cid=2

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

yes, i'd already been on that site. i've googled everything i can think of. I really was hoping that someone had some pictures at home of these cars floating around that i might not have pictures for already. if it helps, i have a list of cars i need pictures for, but i'm only going to post it if someone thinks they might be able to help.

thanks

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Patrick, I have shots of 4300, 4305 and 4340. I don't recall having posted any of them online, but I can probably upload them over the weekend. I'll edit my response with the links when I do. I can tell you that when I saw the 4300 (in Durand), it was still wearing its Port of Galveston Wharves paint, with just IATR reporting marks and car number patched over the old reporting marks.

**EDIT**
Turned out, I also had a shot of the 4312, but not in a digital format. It's pretty much the same as the 4340, a former Seattle North Coast boxcar with patches, and a little less graffiti.

Also, did you check out the fallen flags site?

I hope these will help you Patrick.
~ Charles W.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

thank you so much. you had the ONE thing I wanted the most. Two actually. a picture of the 4300 and a pic of an orange car not patched over. thank you for the pictures.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

You're welcome. I saw your request on Facebook a couple weeks ago, but couldn't respond where you'd posted it. Sorry about the clutter in the orange car shot, that guy's photobombed a lot of my shots over the years. So many in fact, that I finally shipped him off to Iowa to unclutter my shots! :shock: :twisted:
~ Charles W.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

LMAO.. poor guy! no worries.

rustbeltrailroad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rustbeltrailroad »