Snow Plow Stripes and Box Car Door Data

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Snow Plow Stripes and Box Car Door Data

Unread post by AARR »

Hi guys,

What white stripe decals would you suggest for a GTW GP38ac from the 1970's. I see Microscale has a big selection but I don't know what width or angle to get.

I have a CN 50' boxcar red double offset sliding door box car and Chessie System waffle side single sliding door blue box car that need door decals (door size, lock symbols, safety and warning phrases, etc.). Any suggestions?

Thanks
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Snow Plow Stripes and Box Car Door Data

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

AARR wrote:What white stripe decals would you suggest for a GTW GP38ac from the 1970's. I see Microscale has a big selection but I don't know what width or angle to get.

Are you looking for the plow stripes? If so, the Microscale set (HO Scale - Grand Trunk Western Diesels (1961-1992)-Diesel - Blue & Orange Scheme -- Stock# 87-650) has stripes for the plow right on the sheet.
~ Charles W.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Snow Plow Stripes and Box Car Door Data

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks, GLRF. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I searched the Microscale stock listing but missed that one. Thanks, again.
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
AARR wrote:What white stripe decals would you suggest for a GTW GP38ac from the 1970's. I see Microscale has a big selection but I don't know what width or angle to get.

Are you looking for the plow stripes? If so, the Microscale set (HO Scale - Grand Trunk Western Diesels (1961-1992)-Diesel - Blue & Orange Scheme -- Stock# 87-650) has stripes for the plow right on the sheet.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...