Big Blow in HO

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Big Blow in HO

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Coming soon, your very own UP Turbine Big Blow! And if you have a couple hundred extra $$ you don't even have to pretend it has curve flange or switch frog sounds!

http://www.scaletrains.com/blogs/compan ... ow-turbine

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: Big Blow in HO

Unread post by Ypsi »

The product looked almost as insane as the price! :shock: I saw some preview photos and videos for those models and they look awesome. The only thing that's not awesome is the price. However I do think they are on to something with the tiered pricing and detail system.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Considering these have only ever been offered in brass, and probably 20 yrs ago at that, the price isn't unreasonable. Especially because I think the brass models retailed for well over $1000 to$1500 in 1990's dollars.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

CSX_CO wrote:Considering these have only ever been offered in brass, and probably 20 yrs ago at that, the price isn't unreasonable. Especially because I think the brass models retailed for well over $1000 to$1500 in 1990's dollars.
I believe Athearn Genisis had a model of the turbines released a few years back. Not sure if it was the veranda type only or both though.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

It was the veranda type. Even those listed for $400 to $500, but I think you could find them
For less.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

CSX_CO wrote:It was the veranda type. Even those listed for $400 to $500, but I think you could find them
For less.
http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default ... D=ATH88666

Most recent list price directly from at herb was $169.99 for just the "A" unit. Seems like MTH also did one. eBay is indicating prices from $170 for brass to $500 and up for brass and plastic models.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown