The Return of the Clinch Valley

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
TrainWatcher
The Beast

Re: The Return of the Clinch Valley

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Some will be commercial, and for those I think I will be using ZStuff For Trains. There is a C&O signal bridge at Peach Creek that I am working with a local signal guru Joe Bliss, to scratchbuild for me as it is one of a kind. However, some recent developments might have me going with Joe for a few more than just 1 bridge, but I need to finish the tabletop and get some hard trackplanning done, as I think I am going to expand the railroad to a 2 mainline bi-directional subdivision, as if Island Creek paid to expand it because of the coal and expanding local traffic because of the boom in Holden.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

A double track mainline that short is not going to offer much of an operating challenge. Trains won't need to meet and the runs would feel short.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Racer wrote:A double track mainline that short is not going to offer much of an operating challenge. Trains won't need to meet and the runs would feel short.
You can easily change this by adding locals that you have to swerve around while switching, or during operating sessions taking a switch or track out of service. Even on a small railroad having double track can have benefits for operations and just running in circles.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown