Video of the AMV

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
bjett
Railroadfan...fan

Video of the AMV

Unread post by bjett »

After watching a video from another thread, I decided to give it a try. Boy! it is difficult to run the cam corder and operate the throttle. Looks like earthquakes and everything else going on. I need lots of practice. bjett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46upobimssQ

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Video of the AMV

Unread post by AARR »

You have a nice layout, bjett. Do you have a passing siding or run-around track?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

bjett
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Video of the AMV

Unread post by bjett »

Do you have a passing siding or run-around track?[/quote]

Sort of. The AMV is really small, so I crammed as much as I could. What I do for a passing or run around is, the layout has four Selectors, I park a train on section 3 and cut the power to that section and run trains through the cut off by the grain elevator, or, Park a train on the grain elevator cut off and kill the power to that section by a toggle switch and run a train on the main. I can cut power with toggle switches to the yard areas also. ( I hope you can understand this, I'm not sure I do. lol This method does limit the size of a train to no more then 8 cars.( I know, bummer). Since it is mainly a switching road, I can live with it. ( Well I have to :? ) At present there is no room for expansion.
Attachments
AMV Map 2015.jpg