Ann Arbor model railroad club show 2015

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Ann Arbor model railroad club show 2015

Unread post by Ypsi »

Next weekend is the AAMRC club show at saline middle school, this is my personal favorite show of the year as its close to home and has not disappointed in the past. Looking forward to it after not buying anything at novi last weekend. Hope to see some familiar faces here as well!

http://a2trainshow.com
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Ann Arbor model railroad club show 2015

Unread post by fmilhaupt »

This will be the first time in quite a few years that I won't be selling at a table (we've pretty much sold off as much of my late buddy's collection as there seems to be a market for in these parts).

I'll definitely be attending Saturday, though.
-Fritz Milhaupt

sandpatch1
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by sandpatch1 »

If their are any members of the AA club on this group. Can you post if they have any tables left for Saturday only.
and best way to send payment.Left messages and emails and no response. thanks jd

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Shot and scored this morning, cleaning up on some great deals once again. Kato F40Ph with DCC for $40, viewliner for $18, entire Joeouf Turbo for $18, and an assorment of other odds and ends. Going back tomorrow afternoon to see if the estate sale is closing out on prices as "he doesn't want to take any of this home".

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

I myself picked up an undec Atlas GP40 for $50 (and there was 3 more too --oh the joys of having a mortgage, car payments, upcoming college tutition :( ) and a few cars....accidently left one behind too...iffen anybody sees an undec PS-2 2-bay covered hopper sitting around, it's mine :oops:

fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Going back tomorrow afternoon to see if the estate sale is closing out on prices as "he doesn't want to take any of this home".
That estate sale table has some interesting items on it. Old American GK GE electrics from around 1980, undec Atlas and Kato locomotives, and a wealth of stuff produced from the 1980s until a few years ago. Sean was lucky that he beat me to that Jouef Turbo...

I'm a bit disappointed that Funaro and Camerlengo bailed this year (they were supposed to bring an unusual kit for me), but I found plenty of stuff that I could use from other vendors, particularly lots of photos, the new Intermountain AAR Alternate Design two-bay coal hoppers and a Bluford Shops transfer caboose I've been looking for.

Turn-out was light yesterday, presumably due to the blowing snow. At least there wasn't an ice storm, as they've had a number of years.
-Fritz Milhaupt

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

With -30 wind chills today I'm expecting even less people. We're talkin our last couple bucks of "train show money" and seeing if we can't get the "I don't want to take it home" deals this afternoon. Yeah we're the "lucky ones fritz.. That turbo runs like garbage and details even on code 100 track :lol: but for $18 I'll take it. We have already started rebuilding a couple F40PH's that we got, a trainline one to become Amtrak 90200, and a KATO is to become Via 6400.

fmilhaupt
Railroadfan...fan

Yeah, to get that Jouef turbo to run decently, you're looking at a heavy re-power job and a good deal of work on the trucks. But still, nobody's made anything else quite like it, so it's the only reasonable starting point around.
-Fritz Milhaupt

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

fmilhaupt wrote: Sean was lucky that he beat me to that Jouef Turbo....
Hehehe :lol:
The guy had it backwards on the very back of the table. Caught it on my 3rd pass... Saw the 3 dollar per piece price tag and I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. Some other guy saw pull it out and said if you don't buy it I will! Looking at the drive, I think I could use an athearn or p2k motor in there if it was small enough. Have no idea what I'm going to do about the flanges though.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut