Finally got to work on another car

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
DTI973
Railroadfan...fan

Finally got to work on another car

Unread post by DTI973 »

Hey guys,
So, here's another 1/29 scale model. This one is actually a resin and 3D printed kit. I was lucky enough to get one from the guy before the 3D printed pieces tripled in price :(

Anyway, it's a Pullman-Standard PS2CD 4427cuft Hopper. I used my laser cut roof walks and scratch built the trough hatch covers. I also printed my own decals for it.

Enjoy!
Brian

Brian Briggs
DT&I 1980ish

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Finally got to work on another car

Unread post by AARR »

I enjoy seeing your projects. If you have a chance can you post a picture of your collection again?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DTI973
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DTI973 »

Don,

Thanks, I was on the fence about what road name I was going to put on this car.....I think you would have liked the very close second choice I was going to make. I have drawn up the decals for this scheme.....If I get another car this is what it's going to be...what do you think? :shock:

Here's a link to my Photobucket page, it has all the things I've posted online. Just poke around in the various folders (Albums).....inside the G Scale Projects folder there are several sub-folders with more.....enjoy:

http://s1044.photobucket.com/user/DTI97 ... t=3&page=1

Now, here's one of my favorite shots of my old former outdoor track (this was 55 feet of train):

Brian Briggs
DT&I 1980ish

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

It's awesome!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Awesome work! I love how the hopper sides are a little distorted like the real sheet metal would be!
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

That is an awesome collection! Did you ever think about having Ann Arbor Geep to add to the collection. :wink: Great job so far!

PW

DTI973
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DTI973 »

Thanks guys,

PW, If someone made a GP35 then I'd already have an AA.
Brian Briggs
DT&I 1980ish