Detroit Model Railroad Club

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Detroit Model Railroad Club

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I was wondering if anyone had any info on recent happenings at the DMRRC. I have not been there in nearly 10 years and growing up as a little kid in Holly I had to beg my dad to go down to their annual openhouse. I will return someday...
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Detroit Model Railroad Club

Unread post by Fred »

You can check it out for yourself on the following dates: Nov 8th & 9th, Nov 28th, 29th, & 30th, Dec 6th & 7th and Dec 13th & 14th, Noon to 5pm

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Fred wrote:You can check it out for yourself on the following dates: Nov 8th & 9th, Nov 28th, 29th, & 30th, Dec 6th & 7th and Dec 13th & 14th, Noon to 5pm
Wish I could. I haven't been in town when they have openhouses. I miss living a block away from it. :cry:
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

I remember when the Detroit Model railroad Club was actually in Detroit, under the grandstand at the State Fair grounds. It was a big family attraction at the fair. Then the bureaucrats and political hacks running the fair kicked the club out. One more reason for the declineing attendance, and eventual demise of the fair.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

hoborich wrote:I remember when the Detroit Model railroad Club was actually in Detroit, under the grandstand at the State Fair grounds. It was a big family attraction at the fair. Then the bureaucrats and political hacks running the fair kicked the club out. One more reason for the declineing attendance, and eventual demise of the fair.
Isn't that where the 1223 used to sit? At least the building they moved into was saved. The old movie theater is an oddity in Holly.