West Michigan Model Railroad Club 2014 Train Show

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

West Michigan Model Railroad Club 2014 Train Show

Unread post by MQT1223 »

C'mon down to the West Michigan Model Railroad Club's annual train show on admin edit: Sunday December 7 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Less then $5 per person to get in the door (don't remember the exact price). Tables are $20 dollars for an advanced reservation and $25 on the day of the show. Vendors from all over selling all sorts of railroad and model railroad merchandise. Door prizes are also being raffled as well. The show is located at 5380 Clyde Park Avenue, right across from Menards and UPS, next to Craig's Cruisers. Also check out our layout. Located in the basement of Hobby World, located at 2851 Clyde Park Avenue, at the intersection with 28th St, just down the road from the train show! Mark your Calendar's!
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

LSRC
Flat River Rat

Re: West Michigan Model Railroad Club 2014 Train Show

Unread post by LSRC »

Member of the WMMRC here, adding to the original post.

The show was very good last year and I encourage all modelers in the Grand Rapids area to attend.

The normal designated visitors hours for the club are Tuesday nights from 7-8pm guaranteed. Normally, the club is also open in the couple of hours prior to that time.

The club may be open at other times, but there is no guarantee or set schedule for other hours. If you're in the area an want to visit the club, you can call Hobbyworld at 616-538-6130 to see if anyone is downstairs in the club room. Otherwise, feel free to drop me a PM and I might be able to tell you who might be downstairs on any particular day.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Hey, i know that guy in the red shirt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DxDMIX8FdI

Also, you guys gotta fix your main index page.. it's trying to pull some page that's non existent: http://grhobbyworld.com/
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

~Z~ wrote:Hey, i know that guy in the red shirt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DxDMIX8FdI

Also, you guys gotta fix your main index page.. it's trying to pull some page that's non existent: http://grhobbyworld.com/
That is the hobby shops page, better talk with them then us. Our website hasn't worked in three years either and we have no control of it.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

LSRC wrote:Member of the WMMRC here, adding to the original post.

The show was very good last year and I encourage all modelers in the Grand Rapids area to attend.

The normal designated visitors hours for the club are Tuesday nights from 7-8pm guaranteed. Normally, the club is also open in the couple of hours prior to that time.

The club may be open at other times, but there is no guarantee or set schedule for other hours. If you're in the area an want to visit the club, you can call Hobbyworld at 616-538-6130 to see if anyone is downstairs in the club room. Otherwise, feel free to drop me a PM and I might be able to tell you who might be downstairs on any particular day.
Look who found me. :D

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:Mark your Calendar's!
Mark my Calendar's what?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Mark your Calendar's!
Mark my Calendar's what?
Mark your calendar's for the date of the show. December 8th.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

You're using a contraction that implies possession, Max, and JT is a grammer nazi.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

SD80MAC wrote:You're using a contraction that implies possession, Max, and JT is a grammer nazi.
Hey I typed that post up on the fly, I didn't run a grammer check on it. :roll:

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

:lol: :twisted:
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

MQT1223 wrote:C'mon down to the West Michigan Model Railroad Club's annual train show on Monday, December 8th from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Less then $5 per person to get in the door (don't remember the exact price). Tables are $20 dollars for an advanced reservation and $25 on the day of the show. Vendors from all over selling all sorts of railroad and model railroad merchandise. Door prizes are also being raffled as well. The show is located at 5380 Clyde Park Avenue, right across from Menards and UPS, next to Craig's Cruisers. Also check out our layout. Located in the basement of Hobby World, located at 2851 Clyde Park Avenue, at the intersection with 28th St, just down the road from the train show! Mark your Calendar's!
Wouldn't it be better to have the show on a weekend when a lot of people have the day off? I would think you'd get a better turnout, but that's just my opinion.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

aadti
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by aadti »

The show is SUNDAY December 7th
Mark

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Jochs wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:C'mon down to the West Michigan Model Railroad Club's annual train show on Monday, December 8th from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Less then $5 per person to get in the door (don't remember the exact price). Tables are $20 dollars for an advanced reservation and $25 on the day of the show. Vendors from all over selling all sorts of railroad and model railroad merchandise. Door prizes are also being raffled as well. The show is located at 5380 Clyde Park Avenue, right across from Menards and UPS, next to Craig's Cruisers. Also check out our layout. Located in the basement of Hobby World, located at 2851 Clyde Park Avenue, at the intersection with 28th St, just down the road from the train show! Mark your Calendar's!
Wouldn't it be better to have the show on a weekend when a lot of people have the day off? I would think you'd get a better turnout, but that's just my opinion.
Yeah I misread the flyers. It is on Sunday December 7th not the 8th. My bad...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

The show is located at 5380 Clyde Park Avenue, right across from Menards and UPS, next to Craig's Cruisers. Also check out our layout. Located in the basement of Hobby World, located at 2851 Clyde Park Avenue, at the intersection with 28th St, just down the road from the train show!
Umm, what town would that be?
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

hoborich wrote:
The show is located at 5380 Clyde Park Avenue, right across from Menards and UPS, next to Craig's Cruisers. Also check out our layout. Located in the basement of Hobby World, located at 2851 Clyde Park Avenue, at the intersection with 28th St, just down the road from the train show!
Wyoming
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

SD80MAC wrote:
hoborich wrote:
Wyoming
Wyoming is a southern suburb of Grand Rapids, MI.
28th St. on US 131 is exit 81 (M-11) Since Clyde Park is relatively close to US 131, if you are coming from out of town you probably want to go that way instead of getting off at the M-11 exits on I-96 and I-196 and driving through all the congestion. (From SW MI I take I-196 to M-6 then US 131 north to exit 81) This is how I get to Clyde Park when going to Hobbyworld.

To get to 5380 Clyde Park, I would get off at the 54th street exit, which appears to be the first exit north of M-6, and go west on 54th street and, according to google maps, looks like it's near the intersection of Clyde Park and 54th street.

Hope this helps.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

rob
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob »

to clear everything this is a coupon with a small map. print it out and bring to the show and save $1.00 off admission

Rob

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... b5ed5e201e

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

rob wrote:to clear everything this is a coupon with a small map. print it out and bring to the show and save $1.00 off admission

Rob

Nice to see you chime in on things Rob.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

rob wrote:to clear everything this is a coupon with a small map. print it out and bring to the show and save $1.00 off admission

Rob

Can we just show it on our smart phones? I mean, who uses a printer any more? :wink: