1:8 scale railroad "discovered" in Kentwood, MI., today

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Re: 1:8 scale railroad "discovered" in Kentwood, MI., today

Unread post by trnwatcher »

I did like that the new owners kept the original "look" of the house and just added more space. Not sure that it was really needed but not actually being in the house it was hard to judge the size of the upstairs bedroom rooms. Sounds like they are working on getting the entire oval of track back in shape to runt he train round the full loop.
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

fmilhaupt wrote:The one I was thinking of was a big ole' D&RGW K-27 or K-28 Mikado that really overhung the track. I only ever saw photos he took of it resting on a stand at his business.I'm not sure whether it ever actually ran.
It did. I saw it run at Harry Herder's north of Kalamazoo. I have a picture of it somewhere.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

That's Ken Stananback kneeling next to the locomotive. He used number 476 for the locomotive so I'll assume he modeled a D&RGW K28. This was at Harry Herder's Rock Valley Lines railroad on Riverview north of Kalamazoo. If you are ever at the Kalamazoo Model Railroad Club, walk south of the club building and step into the woods. You can still see where the turntable was.

brakeman42
Railroadfan...fan

Re: 1:8 scale railroad "discovered" in Kentwood,Mi; nice sta

Unread post by brakeman42 »

It's nice to see the new owners will be keeping the railroad. And someday p3rfect selling point to a railfan.