Track plan

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)

Re: Track plan

Unread postby rustbeltrailroad » Tue May 16, 2017 12:45 am

Looks like you have a nice large space for your layout! Is your last above post still your functioning plan?
rustbeltrailroad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby KVERBERK » Tue May 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Rustbelt,

This is the latest tweek of the track plan. The room is 13x22. Looks like yours is coming along nicely. Mine hasn't progressed passed paper.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby KVERBERK » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 am

Still havn't started construction but here is another tweek to the track plan:

Up North TSBY/GLC Fan
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby railroads2000 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:26 pm

There were two Ford plants located along the former C&O, the one at Sheldon Road, received Center Flow Hoppers and 86' Hi Cubed Boxcars. Just up the road east was the Livonia Transmission Plant, they received 50'-60' Boxcars and Tank Cars. As a side note, some of the parts shipped from Sheldon Road I believe made there way to the Ford Plant in Connersville, Indiana. Ford had a fleet of road trucks (Ford Aeromax Tractors) that shuttled back and forth from Connersville and Sheldon Rd. I am a truck driver and I've been to the transmission plant as well as the Sheldon Rd. plant; and I was to a warehouse just up the road from the Connersville plant, that received inbound empty racks that were shuttled to the plant by Ford. Also, there was a small, I believe a 5 track yard just outside of the Transmission plant, along with another yard to the west between I-275 and Haggerty Rd. The C&O had north and south sidings were the locals could service the industries without fouling the mains.

James Barnes, Jr.
railroads2000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby KVERBERK » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm

railroads2000,

Thanks for the info! I'm always interested in this type of information from the plymouth area and espesially from the late 80's early 90's
Kyle
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:01 pm

IIRC there was a Ford Warehouse on the Detroit Sub perhaps around Middlebelt or Merriman
railroads2000 wrote:There were two Ford plants located along the former C&O, the one at Sheldon Road, received Center Flow Hoppers and 86' Hi Cubed Boxcars. Just up the road east was the Livonia Transmission Plant, they received 50'-60' Boxcars and Tank Cars. As a side note, some of the parts shipped from Sheldon Road I believe made there way to the Ford Plant in Connersville, Indiana. Ford had a fleet of road trucks (Ford Aeromax Tractors) that shuttled back and forth from Connersville and Sheldon Rd. I am a truck driver and I've been to the transmission plant as well as the Sheldon Rd. plant; and I was to a warehouse just up the road from the Connersville plant, that received inbound empty racks that were shuttled to the plant by Ford. Also, there was a small, I believe a 5 track yard just outside of the Transmission plant, along with another yard to the west between I-275 and Haggerty Rd. The C&O had north and south sidings were the locals could service the industries without fouling the mains.

James Barnes, Jr.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Previous

Return to Model Railroading