Track plan

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)

Re: Track plan

Unread postby rustbeltrailroad » Tue May 16, 2017 1:45 am

Looks like you have a nice large space for your layout! Is your last above post still your functioning plan?
rustbeltrailroad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby KVERBERK » Tue May 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Rustbelt,

This is the latest tweek of the track plan. The room is 13x22. Looks like yours is coming along nicely. Mine hasn't progressed passed paper.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby KVERBERK » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:14 am

Still havn't started construction but here is another tweek to the track plan:

Up North TSBY/GLC Fan
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby railroads2000 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:26 pm

There were two Ford plants located along the former C&O, the one at Sheldon Road, received Center Flow Hoppers and 86' Hi Cubed Boxcars. Just up the road east was the Livonia Transmission Plant, they received 50'-60' Boxcars and Tank Cars. As a side note, some of the parts shipped from Sheldon Road I believe made there way to the Ford Plant in Connersville, Indiana. Ford had a fleet of road trucks (Ford Aeromax Tractors) that shuttled back and forth from Connersville and Sheldon Rd. I am a truck driver and I've been to the transmission plant as well as the Sheldon Rd. plant; and I was to a warehouse just up the road from the Connersville plant, that received inbound empty racks that were shuttled to the plant by Ford. Also, there was a small, I believe a 5 track yard just outside of the Transmission plant, along with another yard to the west between I-275 and Haggerty Rd. The C&O had north and south sidings were the locals could service the industries without fouling the mains.

James Barnes, Jr.
railroads2000
Railroadfan...fan

Previous

Return to Model Railroading